This week Cuban Fury, an upcoming British rom-com, has been spotted filming at Croydon College and Fairfield Halls in Croydon, London.
Cuban Fury stars Nick Frost as a former dance prodigy who never lived up to his potential but now, years later, has to regain his lost dance skills after falling for his boss. Rashida Jones, Chris O’Dowd, Olivia Coleman and Ian McShane also star in the film.
This week Variety reported that Lily Cole and Sam Spruell are the final additions to the highly anticipated Snow White and the Huntsman.
The movie, which will be directed by Rupert Sanders, also stars Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron.
In this version of Snow White, the huntsman sent to kill her becomes her mentor and protector instead. Cole will play Greta and Spruell will play Finn, the Queen’s henchman sent to kill the Huntsman and Snow White.
According to a press release from Warner Brothers, “Dark Shadows” begins filming this week in London.
The movie is the big screen version of the cult classic television series, directed by Tim Burton.
The film’s all-star ensemble cast includes Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green, Jackie Earle Haley, Jonny Lee Miller, Bella Heathcote, Chloe Moretz, and newcomer Gulliver McGrath.
The movie’s plot is set in the year 1752, as Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet-or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy…until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive.
- After wrapping Wanderlust just a week ago in NYC, Jennifer Aniston is already back to her usual downtime routine of hanging out in Los Cabos with girlfriends. This time Chelsea Handler is along for the ride too. Check out the great photo above of Jen on the set of Wanderlust taken by one of our readers, Erica, last week. [JustJared]
- Now that Lindsay Lohan is officially out of the Linda Lovelace biopic, Inferno, we’ve learned her replacement will be Malin Akerman. [JustJared]
- On the heels of shooting the Untitled Terrence Malick Project in Oklahoma, Rachel Weisz is back in London working on her next film, The Deep Blue Sea. [Accidental Sexiness]
- According to Emma Stone, the next Spider-Man movie begins filming in two weeks (in L.A.). [MTV]
- The Chicago Code will wrap up filming season one in the next couple of weeks, but once the show airs, it will showcase the real Chicago. [Chicago Tribune]
- Here’s the trailer for the made-in-New-Mexico (and Texas) movie, True Grit. [Sindication]
• Kevin Smith released the first poster for Red State, which wrapped shooting in Los Angeles last Wednesday. Kevin explained on his blog that instead of having a pricey ad agency create the poster, it was designed by Melissa Bloom, who is the assistant of Jon Gordon, the movie’s producer. Knowing it was made “in-house” makes it even more interesting. [Silent Bob Speaks]
• Ghostbusters 3 may or may not begin filming (presumably in NYC) next spring. [Cinema Blend]
• Looks like Breaking Dawn will shoot for four days in Brazil after all, and rumor has it the books’ author, Stephanie Meyer, will be tagging along with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson for the honeymoon. [kstewartsource.com]
• Tower Heist, the new Ben Stiller/Eddie Murphy movie which is currently filming in midtown Manhattan, will also shoot in the Bronx County Courthouse rotunda this month. The movie is about the manager of a posh Manhattan residence who leads a team of building workers in a heist to steal their money back from a Ponzi schemer. [NY Daily News]
• Francis Ford Coppola has “secretly” started shooting a new movie, Twixt Now and Sunrise, on his property in the Napa Valley. The movie stars Val Kilmer as a horror novelist. Elle Fanning and Bruce Dern also star. [Latino Review]
• Even though there’s still no word on whether or not Glee will film in NYC this season, one of its stars may be coming to the Big Apple any way. Lea Michele is in talks to star in New Year’s Eve, the follow up to Valentine’s Day, which will be shot in NYC. [AcesShowBiz.com]
Admittedly, I’ve been a slacker the last few weeks about posting the latest filming news so I’m making up for it now with this mega post! Be sure to check out the latest on where Vanessa Hudgens, Michelle Williams, Channing Tatum, Rob Lowe, Christian Slater, James Cameron, Betty White and so many others are filming right now!
If you have any scoop about an upcoming filming location or celebrity event, tell me about it at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The first trailer for the made-in-Sranton movie Blue Valentine has been released. The film stars Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling as a couple reliving their tumultuous relationship.
•As we were the first to report, The Vow, starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams will be filming in Chicago next week after spending the past two months in Toronto. Check out our calendar above for details! [Chicago Tribune]
•Barry Watson and Sara Rue begin filming the made-for-TV thriller Always and Forever in Atlanta next week.
•Fright Night wrapped a couple weeks ago but we recently found this cool set photo of a poster featuring David Tennant as Peter Vincent. The photo was taken while they were shooting at the Hard Rock Casino in Albuquerque. [ONTD, OneHeadLight]
•Miley Cyrus will begin filming So Undercover in Nashville, TN and New Orleans, LA next month. [Examiner.com]
•Captain America: The First Avenger has moved to Caerwent, South Wales. [CBM]
•The Inferno, starring Lindsay Lohan, will now be shot in L.A. in January, instead of New Orleans due to Lindsay’s ongoing stints in jail and rehab. [The Celebrity Cafe]
•The Malibu home where Samantha and Smith shacked up in the first Sex and the City movie is on sale for a cool $13 million. [Luxist]
•Law and Order: Criminal Intent begins filming their final season next week in NYC, with Vincent D’Onofrio!