Big Stone Gap, starring Ashley Judd and Patrick Wilson, begins filming in Virginia; Extras needed

by Christine on October 19, 2013 · 14 comments

in Casting Calls, News

ashleyjuddandpatrickwilson

After several false starts the big screen version of Adrianna Trigiani’s novel, Big Stone Gap, is headed to the big screen.

The movie will be shot entirely shot in Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky.

“It’s really important to us to make this movie here. Every frame is being shot in Southwest Virginia, East Tennessee and a little bit in Kentucky. Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee its all there because that was my dream to film at home,” Trigiani said.

Principal photography was set to begin today in Virginia with stars Ashley Judd, Patrick Wilson, and Whoopi Goldberg.

Bill Marinella Casting is seeking extras for the shoot, specifically real Nurses, Doctors, EMTs, Coal Miners and High schoolers (18-24 year olds), and football fans. For more information, visit film.virginia.com.

If you spot Big Stone Gap filming, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

photo

Thomas October 21, 2013 at 1:39 am

Got to be an extra on the first day of filming!! Movie also stars Anthony Lapaglia as Spec, John Benjamin Hickey as Theodore, and Jenna Elfman as Iva Lou.

Katelynn Ramey October 21, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I would love to be an extra in this movie! I live in Abingdon VA which is about 49 miles from big stone gap.

Jade Mullins October 22, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I am a 14 year old girl that goes to Coeburn Middle School I would love you be an extra person in your movie please message me back,Thank you :)

Teressa lester October 23, 2013 at 11:22 am

would love to an extra in movie ..I am a Nursing assistant.

Gina Stanley October 23, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I got to be in the wedding scene shot Tuesday and had a blast. Even got my lip busted by Ashley Judd and bruised my Jenna Elfman. I got to be Jenna’s standin and had the time of my life!!!!!!!! I am wearing a purple velvet blazer so look for me in the movie!!!

Carlie Fugate October 24, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I am 20 years old. A graduate of Castlewood Highschool. I was a cheerleader in Highschool. I am from Castlewood Virginia. I studied Trigiani’s work in college at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise

Barbara Buchanan October 25, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I have been told I look like Liz Taylor. If you need someone to play her, I would love to!!! I am a nurse too if you need me for that part. Thank You

Naomi Lawson October 28, 2013 at 12:33 pm

i will be an extra if need be could be fun and interesting

Becky Hamblen November 2, 2013 at 11:49 am

I want to just come to Big Stone to watch some of the filming. Can you email me dates, time and locations that I may catch some of the action?
Thanks

Sarah Church November 6, 2013 at 4:26 am

I’m from southwest Virginia and a RN and would like to be in the movie!

Sarah Church November 6, 2013 at 4:28 am

Me and my 17yr daughter. I’m a RN and also have 15yr old son.

Amanda November 8, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I took my son Dylan to the union/john battle game tonite and Patrick Wilson and some other people from the movie came and sat right behind us! Even though i didn’t know who he was or why they were there until i started talking to him and the cop who gaurded him. it was pretty cool! :)

Carol Tudor November 11, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Can you tell me if you will be filming next Tuesday Nov.
19th. I would love to see the filming. I will be driving from Bristol Tn.(1:30hrs). Thank you, Carol .

Carol Tudor November 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Can you tell me if you will be filming in Big Stone gap on Tues Nov 19th?