In case you’ve missed the latest Transformers 4: Age of Extinction news, they will be spending the weekend filming along LaSalle in Chicago, and we’ve heard they’ve also set up shop at 1350 W. Monroe St for filming taking place on Wednesday, Sept. 4 and Thursday, Sept. 5.
UPDATE: Signs were also distributed for filming taking place Thursday, Sept. 5 at 12:00 AM to Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 11:59 PM on Chestnut St, Noble St, Elizabeth St and Eckhart Park.
Below is the complete information for the LaSalle shoot, too.
Following streets will have “No Parking” starting at 6 pm on Friday, September 6th – 6 am on Monday, September 9th
West Side of Clark from Randolph to Jackson Both Sides of Madison from Wells to Clark
Both Sides of Wells from Randolph to Van Buren Both Sides of Monroe from Wells to Clark
South Side of Lake from LaSalle to Clark Both Sides of Jackson from Wells to Clark
Both Sides of Franklin from Lake to Washington Both Sides of Court Pl. from Wells to Clark
West Side of Financial Pl. from Jackson to Van Buren Both Sides of Calhoun Pl. from Wells to Cark
Both Sides of LaSalle Street from Lake to Jackson Both Sides of Arcade Pl. from Well to Clark
Both Sides of Randolph from Wells to Clark Both Sides of Marble Pl. from Wells to Clark
Both Sides of Washington from Wells to Clark Both Sides of Quincy Pl. from Wells to Clark
6pm Friday, September 6th – 6am Monday, September 9th
• Full Closure of LaSalle from Lake to Jackson
• Temporary Closures of Randolph from Clark to Wells and Monroe from Clark to Wells
• Overnights – LaSalle Street from Lake to Jackson will be closed to traffic and CPD will control pedestrian flow
Saturday, September 7th – Sunday, September 8th
• North & South lanes of LaSalle Street between Lake & Jackson will be closed to all vehicular traffic. Pedestrian traffic will be restricted to local access when safe.
• Randolph and Monroe, from Wells to Clark will be closed for portions of the day.
• At various times, never concurrently, Lake, Washington, Madison, Adams and Jackson from Wells to Clark could be intermittently controlled by CPD for filming purposes.
Saturday, September 7th – Sunday, September 8th 7 am – 9:30 am ONLY
• A helicopter will be traveling North and South along LaSalle from Randolph to Jackson. It will also travel over buildings bordering Lasalle and Clark from Lake to LaSalle.
• Vehicular and Pedestrian Traffic from Randolph to Jackson and from Wells to Cark should expect 10-15 minute delays.
• LaSalle and Clark Street, within these closures, will also have 10-15 minutes delays.
• Traffic on Wells and Dearborn Street will not be affected.
Filming will involve the use of live stunts and pyrotechnics. These effects will create sounds and visuals that could be interpreted as alarming. They are managed by professionals, supervised by the Chicago Fire Department and are executed with the utmost emphasis on protecting the public. DO NOT BE ALARMED.
Thanks to Tiffany and ANS for the info!
If you spot Transformers 4 filming, let us know about it at email@example.com!