‘The Fault in Our Stars’ filming in Pittsburgh (Filming Locations Open Thread)

by Christine on August 26, 2013 · 280 comments

in Daily Filming Locations, News, Pittsburgh

faultreunited

This morning the highly anticipated feature film based on John Green’s young adult novel The Fault In Our Stars began filming in Pittsburgh, PA.

The movie’s stars and producers, including Wyck Godfrey, Josh Boone, John Green, and Ansel Elgort have been tweeting their progress leading up to the start of production including the quest to find the perfect Indiana jersey, star Shailene Woodley donating her hair to charity, set props, and some pre-production bowling.

The story follows two terminally ill teenagers, Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters, who meet in a support group for children with cancer and fall in love. (If you haven’t read the book don’t let the topic deter you, it’s amazing!) Shailene Woodley is set to star as Hazel along with Ansel Elgort as Augustus.

According to a recent casting calls the shoot will take place August 26th-October 6th, Monday – Friday only.

We thought it would be a good idea to start an open thread, like our Abduction Thread, so fans in the Pittsburgh area can have one place to discuss all of the movie’s filming locations.

Bookmark this page and use it to discuss The Fault In Our Stars, its filming locations, or any sightings of the cast you may have while they are shooting in Pittsburgh. If you have any scoop to share regarding TFIOS, you can also email us at olv@onlocationvacations.com, Tweet us, or add your pics and vids to our forum.

Hopefully we’ll have more details about exactly where they are filming soon! In the meantime, check out a few photos shared by the cast and crew below!

UPDATE: The Fault In Our Stars is filming on 11th Street in Oakmont, PA through Aug. 30, possibly Sept. 7.

fault johnchair

faultanselchair

faultbowlingparty

faultclapboard

faultjersey

faultprodoffice

faultprops

1 Christine August 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Have an update for The Fault In Our Stars, looks like they are filming on 11th Street in Oakmont, PA, huge crew, etc setting up #TFIOS

2 Niki August 26, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Nice! -Subscribed

3 Niki August 26, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Nice! -Subscribed.

4 AshleyG August 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I don’t think they’re in Oakmont, well if they are it’s only one of the places they’re shooting at. I think they’re in Point Breeze because the other day I saw Shailene Woodley and Nat Wolff coming from East End Food Co-op walking on Penn Avenue towards Point Breeze.

5 Kaitlin August 26, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Just cause they were shopping in point breeze doesn’t mean they aren’t filming in oakmont. They seem pretty spread out. The film screenwriters were at primantis and dream cream ice cream downtown the other day and came to the south side too. So they must be staying downtown. On the other hand, Nate and Ansel are renting an apartment together, but I have no idea where.

I hope they come somewhere that I can go to due to being a public transportation rider :(

6 Chris August 26, 2013 at 6:53 pm

One of the cinematographers is staying downtown.

7 Kaitlin bledsoe August 27, 2013 at 10:56 am

I’m betting the renaissance hotel. They aren’t at the fairmont

8 Kaitlin bledsoe August 26, 2013 at 6:07 pm

9 Lisa F August 26, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Thank you for doing this !

10 Lisa F August 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm

11 Autumn F August 26, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Thank you to everyone for putting this information up! If I see anyone I’ll be sure to add it on here

12 Niki August 26, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Ashley-Have you seen any film trucks in Point Breeze? I think, from what I’ve heard about Shailene’s diet choices, that she would prefer to shop at the East End (farmers) co-op, so that she can “eat local”i.e. locally grown fruits and vegetables. The East-end co-op is probably the most popular place to buy local produce and goods year-round.

13 Mike August 26, 2013 at 5:55 pm

They are in Oakmont.

14 Niki August 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Just saw this on the Mosser Casting facebook page. TFIOS needs extras, preferably with cars or dogs…? “People, 18 and older, needed as extras for various days on “The Fault in Our Stars.” Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. Send your photo, age, location in an email to Tfios.casting@gmail.com. Please specify if you have a car or a dog.”

15 Jen August 26, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Have there been any John Green sightings?

16 Kaitlin bledsoe August 26, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Not in person Jen; but he’s in PGH :) flew in Sunday night.

17 Niki August 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm

John Green was on the set in Oakmont today. Ansel Elgort posted a picture of both of them on set earlier today on twitter & instagram. I believe John mentioned on his Twitter or Tumblr that he would be in Pittsburgh for the first week of filming.

18 Christine August 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Ok, so I just got the scoop on this week’s shoot:

They will continue filming on 11th Street in Oakmont for the rest of the week, Mon -Fri.
They might be filming beyond that as well as a local police officer told someone the No Parking was in effect from 8/26 to 9/7.
They are filming days but they might be start filming and continue filming later on Friday because people in the neighborhood were told if they needed to mow their lawn they could only do it on Friday morning only.

I’m dying to know what they are filming, they are filming at a house so I am assuming it is Hazel’s house. If anyone stops by you can email me pics at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

19 Kaitlin bledsoe August 27, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Woot thanks Christine! I want to stop by but don’t have a car. Coordinating with another nerdfighter who might give me a ride ;P

20 Kaitlin bledsoe August 27, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Oooooh never mind just found a bus that will take me there! I plan on going either Thursday or Friday on my days off! Anyone want to join!? We can make it a nerdfighter party and even hit a bar after ;P

21 Jen August 27, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Kaitlin, I could possibly do Friday! I don’t have a car either but maybe we could be bus buddies. I’m in the Bloomfield/Oakland area.

22 Kaitlin bledsoe August 27, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Hi Jen! I might stop by Friday if I don’t get my signatures on Thursday ;P or enough photos lol.

I’d be catching the 1 from the north shore though and then the 78 heading toward downtown to get to 11th street. :)

23 Jen August 27, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Awesome, Kaitlin! Well, if you go on Thursday, please post how it went and if you got to meet anyone! I can’t check it out until Friday so I hope they’ll still be around!

24 Jake August 27, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I really want to go but I live 2 hours away. Do you think they’ll still be filming Friday?? Could you ask if you go on Thursday please and ask if they’ll still be filming tomorrow? (Friday)

25 Karen August 27, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I’m going to be stopping over and investigating tomorrow! But I’d love to meet up with people! Let’s all keep in touch and work something out! :D

26 Jen August 27, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Karen, what time are you thinking of going/from where? I might be able to go tomorrow!

27 Karen August 27, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I’m picking up a friend and heading over right after I leave work at 5. Hopefully they’ll still be around then. I imagine so but still. I’m likeee 30ish minutes North of Oakmont i believe!

28 Christine August 27, 2013 at 3:11 pm

A little more info:

@Hidden_Actress
@olv The Fault in Our Stars Virginia Ave at 11th in Oakmont, PA. Found it by accident when my (cont) http://tl.gd/mirdpm

29 Niki August 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm

John Green posted a video from the TFIOS set on his “vlogbrothers” YouTube channel.

30 Kyle August 27, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Tell me where they are plz

31 Meday Kolawole August 28, 2013 at 10:47 am

It’s storming right now where I live, about fifteen minutes away from Oakmont. I doubt any filming will be taking place outside today.

32 A August 28, 2013 at 11:03 am

Heard a rumor that they were filming in Monroeville Barnes & Noble so I called to find out. The manager couldn’t tell me much, but she did say that they’re not filming there this week (but I guess they will be eventually)…

33 Christine August 28, 2013 at 3:15 pm
34 Diana August 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Anybody know the filming days schedule, would they be working through the weekend?

Also, are they going to film in Pittsburgh for the whole month September?

I appreciate all the info, thanks!

35 Kaitlin bledsoe August 29, 2013 at 8:51 pm

They’re filming in Pgh till the beginning of October (around the 8th).

Should I even go tomorrow? It seems like they’re not even filming this weekend…

Could someone who goes tomorrow morning update this maybe when they get there? If so that’d be great so we all don’t make a worthless trip :)

36 Jake August 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm

So apparently they filmed in a Church and high school today. There were various pictures of them in the high school, and in the church.

37 Jake August 28, 2013 at 6:41 pm

too bad I didn’t pay attention, and the church was last week, but the high school was today :D

38 Karen August 28, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I went down to the set today and met John like ULTRA fast. My friend and I stood on the corner of the blocked off street with four other people for literally five minutes and he walked out to say hi and sign and do pictures and stuff! It was unreal how awesome our timing was! But they are indeed on eleventh street and look as if they’ll still be there the rest of the week.
I asked John if he got to pick where they shot or if someone else did and he said he has nothing to do with it. He just said “This streets flat…like Indiana… We just needed this to be flat.” XD Yet all of Oakmont’s a hill but whatever haha. but yay! successful trip was successful!

39 Christine August 29, 2013 at 1:43 am

Hi Karen! Thanks for sharing your story! Sounds awesome!

40 caty August 29, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Hey karen! I would probably piss in my pants if i ever get to meet john freaking green. Can you share the pics?

41 Jen August 29, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Karen, that’s so awesome! Wish I had been there! :)

42 Karen August 29, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Hey all. Another friend of mine went to the set today and caught John five minutes before he was leaving for a flight out of Pittsburgh. So I gess this means no more John on set? :(

43 Kaitlin bledsoe August 29, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Yeah that’s what Ansel said; leaving town too.

So I’m going to assume with at least two major people out of town this weekend no filming is happening until at least Monday? I assume?

No John said he’d be on the set till the end of filming (don’t remember where). So he’ll be back

44 Jake August 29, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Gah and I planned on going tomorrow and now Johns gone. And Ansel was flying somewhere too

45 Ward August 29, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Saw John green today @ about 2:30 pm. He stop and visited with a small crowd waiting @ the corner of Virginia Ave and 11th in Oakmont, PA. Shailene Woodley came out with John and said a quick “hello” to the small crowd, Shailene is a really nice person!

46 Jake August 29, 2013 at 8:14 pm

How long did you wait outside?? And dang you’re lucky.

47 Ward August 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

We only had to wait about 20 minutes before John and Shailene came out to visit.

48 Ward August 29, 2013 at 8:30 pm

This is the location (home) for the movie. 821 11th street.

49 Niki August 29, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I thought John said he would only be around for the first week of filming. They will not film this weekend since they filmed M-F this week. Union/ SAG rules.

50 Lori August 30, 2013 at 11:07 am

Actually John Green is still on set. I met him today!

51 Jen August 30, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Heading to the set now! Please keep your fingers crossed for me that John is still there :D

52 Steph August 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Did you get to meet John or Shailene? Shailene went to lunch when we were there so we missed her,

53 Jen August 30, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Dude, I waited for over three hours and John never came out to see us. We saw him get in the van and drive away :/ So disappointing! Don’t think I’ll try that again. So jealous of all of you who had better luck than me!

54 Lori August 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Awww I’m sorry! Yeah I got there super early, like 9:30 am. I only met John, I was told Shailene usually goes for lunch around 2:30 – 3:30 and sometimes stops for autographs then.

55 Steph August 30, 2013 at 10:52 pm

We were there at 2:30 and Shai didn’t stop, but we heard she had been filming some of the hardest scenes and I think she might have been a bit too overwhelmed and tired to stop by.

56 Michelle August 31, 2013 at 12:41 am

Any ideas if/when John will be on set again?

57 Jen August 31, 2013 at 1:19 am

I think he’s coming back in a couple of weeks but it won’t be to the Oakmont location. It’ll be wherever the next scenes are filmed.

58 Jen August 31, 2013 at 1:22 am

Also, thanks for all your support, Lori and Steph. I was incredibly sad today after my bad luck but having Nerdfighter support is awesome. Though I’m still jealous.

59 Kaitlin bledsoe September 1, 2013 at 9:58 am

When someone spots the next location please post! :D thank you!

60 Kaitlin bledsoe September 3, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Any updates on where they’re filming this week yet?!

61 Christine September 3, 2013 at 10:31 pm

they are at the same location on 11th St

62 Victoria September 7, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Where are they going to be this week?

63 Niki September 8, 2013 at 9:29 am

I haven’t heard yet, but I heard (from Mosser casting on Facebook) that they will be filming some “Amsterdam” scenes around the Pittsburgh area. Willem DeFoe will be Peter van Houten in the movie. I think this will be the 3rd Pittsburgh movie for Willem. The Clearing (Robert Redford, Helen Mirren) and Out of the Furnace (Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson) were the other two that I remember.

64 Niki September 8, 2013 at 9:36 am

An A&E tv series, Those Who Kill started filming in downtown Pittsburgh today. I think they will be filming in the courthouse. Signs for Those Who Kill say TWK. Keep that in mind when you’re searching for filming locations of TFIOS. Those Who Kill will be filming a whole season around the Pittsburgh area, so they should be in the area longer then TFIOS.

65 Victoria September 8, 2013 at 2:55 pm

How much longer will they be in Pittsburg?

66 Kaitlin bledsoe September 9, 2013 at 8:16 am

So I saw John Green is back in town and I’m off Thursday so I was planning on going to set and trying again to get his autograph. Anyone else going Thursday?

And are they still at 11th street? Or have they moved? Anyone know where the new location is if so?

Thanks in advance!

67 Kaitlin bledsoe September 9, 2013 at 8:56 am

Just remembered that in the above comment security said that no parking was only in affect until the 7th. Does that mean that they won’t be there Thursday the 12th?

68 Shaw September 9, 2013 at 10:03 am

I spotted Haddad’s trucks downtown yesterday, but from the above comments it looks like it’s for “Those Who Kill”. Does anyone know if “Fault” will come to the downtown area?

69 Andrea September 9, 2013 at 11:51 am

I’m going to go to the set tomorrow. Does anyone know if they’re still on 11th street in Oakmont?

70 Andrea September 9, 2013 at 11:50 am

71 uurf September 9, 2013 at 1:55 pm

What’s shooting off of Washington Road in Mt Lebanon today?

72 Niki September 9, 2013 at 5:38 pm

That has to be TFIOS

73 Kaitlin bledsoe September 9, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Why couldn’t it be those who kill? They’re filming here too.

74 Kaitlin bledsoe September 9, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Do you have an intersection or exact address?

75 Alyssa September 9, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Does anyone know where they will be filming this week, preferably Wednesday, and what time they get done? I would really appreciate the information.

76 Madeline September 9, 2013 at 11:27 pm

They’re filming up the street form my school in Mt. Lebanon. They had to close our student parking for their trailers. They’re filming in a church on Washington Road.

77 Kaitlin bledsoe September 10, 2013 at 2:11 am

Madeline, could you give us either the address to the school or the church?

Anyone know how long they’ll be there? I’d like to go to the set on my day off (Thursday).

78 Kaitlin bledsoe September 10, 2013 at 2:16 am

Ok I found the church!

It’s St Paul’s Episcopal Church at 1066 Washington Rd Mt Lebanon!

I don’t know how long they’re filming there though….the church is still running throughout filming according to their Facebook, so ill probably call Wednesday to find out if they’re still there filming on Thursday!

79 Niki September 10, 2013 at 10:25 am

Nice job Kaitlin ! Also-I heard that Those Who Kill will be sticking close to downtown Pittsburgh and some nearby neighborhoods. That’s why I knew it had to be TFIOS in/near Mt Lebanon. I also got confirmation from a couple people on Twitter, including one lady who works for the Post-Gazette. My Twitter is @Nikimarier

80 Kali September 10, 2013 at 11:36 am

Any idea where they’re at today?

81 Kaitlin bledsoe September 10, 2013 at 6:31 pm

No clue; however, according to the Church’s Facebook page, where they responded to my question, they’ve moved on to another location :(

Anyone know where they’ll be Wednesday and Thursday PLEASE?!!!!

82 HT September 10, 2013 at 10:31 pm

They’re on Liberty Ave right now~

83 Kaitlin September 11, 2013 at 11:38 am

That was actually Those Who Kill; NOT TFIOS

84 Brian September 11, 2013 at 3:36 pm

They are at 300 Heritage Dr Pittsburgh PA 15235 from 9-11-13 (today) through 9-13-13 while they film at Gus’s house

85 Christine September 11, 2013 at 11:51 pm

thanks Brian

86 Alyssa September 10, 2013 at 6:37 pm

If anyone could find out where they are gonna be Wednesday some time before 3pm tomorrow please!

87 John Doe September 10, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Wilkins Township, PA – Penhurst Drive – Filming tonight.

88 Kali September 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Will they be there tomorrow?

89 Nick September 10, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Almost positive there downtown on Penn Ave right now across the street from my apartment. Theres a truck leased to 20th century fox parked on the street and a huge light shining down in one of the ally ways, as well as trailers.

90 Nick September 10, 2013 at 8:44 pm
91 Kali September 10, 2013 at 8:56 pm

They’re filming something else in Pittsburgh right now. That one had been regularly filming in downtown. More than likely its that

92 Kali September 10, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Right company but the tfios trucks have leased to the fault in our stars on the side I’m place of twentieth century fox

93 Nick September 10, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Ah okay. I just kind of assumed. Whatever it is its definitely big budget, a lot of really nice equipment.

94 Kaitlin bledsoe September 10, 2013 at 9:24 pm

It’s probably filming for ‘those who kill’ an Amc tv show. But filming for it isn’t down by 20th century fox that I know of…?

95 Melody September 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Does anyone know if they’ll be filming Friday afternoon, and if so where?

96 Kaitlin bledsoe September 10, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I’m heading to downtown in a few minutes tho and will be doing some investigative reporting ;) ill let you all know what I find!!!!

97 Kali September 10, 2013 at 9:30 pm

There is a new vin dmovie being filmed here starting in a month out less so maybe its that

98 Niki September 11, 2013 at 6:31 am

Hi Kali- What will Vin Diesel be doing in Pittsburgh?

99 Brian September 12, 2013 at 9:34 am

They just confirmed that Vin Diesel is going be doing a new movie in Pittsburgh starting in mid-October. The name is The Last Witch Hunter

100 Niki September 12, 2013 at 11:47 am

Hi Brian- Do you know which company will be casting for Vin Diesel’s movie?

101 Brian September 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Sorry but I do not know that yet

102 Kaitlin bledsoe September 10, 2013 at 10:16 pm

It’s those who kill. Got confirmation from police. Super cool special effects trailer too!

103 Nick September 10, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Yeah, just talked to one of the officers outside. I guess today is the last day their shooting in that specific location. I Hope they wrap soon, there lights are shining right into my apartment haha

104 Caro September 10, 2013 at 10:44 pm

So it looks like they won’t be back at the church until late September and early October. They were just shooting the parking lot scene on Monday (with Isaac and Monica, I think?) http://blog.deimel.org/2013/08/st-pauls-to-be-movie-location.html

105 Caro September 10, 2013 at 10:46 pm

So it looks like they won’t be back at the church until late September and early October. They were just shooting the parking lot scene on Monday (with Isaac and Monica, I think?) It won’t let me post a link, but this is from a church email: “Filming is scheduled to take place here on Monday, September 9 in the parking lot, and again at the end of the month and early October at the back of the parish hall, second floor hallway, a bathroom, and the main worship space. There will be equipment in the parking lot (to be removed for Sunday September 29), and the back of the hall will not be available to us for several days.”

106 Victoria September 14, 2013 at 8:09 am

Will they be there on the 27th of September?

107 Alyssa September 11, 2013 at 7:15 am

If someone could please find out where they are filming today before 3pm that would be fantastic ! Please help if you can!

108 Nobody Important September 11, 2013 at 11:37 am

Good morning

109 Niki September 11, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Hi guys- FYI – Those Who Kill is setting up to do another night shoot. Tonights location for TWK is on Grandview ave in Mt Washington.

110 Alyssa September 11, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Does anyone know where TFIOS is filming today ?

111 Mairead September 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm

They were filming off of Penhurst Drive in Wilkins Township this afternoon. It was relatively easy to find, just drive along Penhurst and you’ll eventually see it! John was there, but we didn’t actually go onto the set, we were on the street beside it and he came out to take a phone call.

112 Anthony September 12, 2013 at 10:06 am

Does anybody know if they’re still filming off of Penhurst Drive? And how long they’ll be filming there?

113 Kali September 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

They’re still off penhurst. I think they’re here through Friday

114 Niki September 12, 2013 at 11:54 am

Today (Thurs.9/12), Those Who Kill is filming on Liberty ave near Shadyside Hospital

115 Christine September 12, 2013 at 2:47 pm

thanks Niki

116 uurf September 12, 2013 at 2:52 pm

The ‘Those Who Kill’ trailer corral is at Liberty Ave and Baum Blvd in Shadyside today, Sept 12; I followed the TWK arrow signs until the end of Baum but never found the actual filming location.

117 Niki September 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm

My friend saw something else a little bit ago. TWK might be filming at the church on the corner of Negley and 5th ave in Shadyside now.

118 Fizz September 13, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Hey all!

Just wanted to pop in here to let you all know that they are indeed still located on heritage drive in Wilkins twp. Thanks so much to the Brian who posted that address! I went there yesterday around 6pm to see if I could find it, and sure enough, you can’t miss it. I also got to meet Ansel Elgort, and John Green himself! It was awesome! I’m pretty sure they’ll still be there today, so get down there ASAP if you want to meet them!! The crew was super cool about it, and they made sure we got to meet John. I have pics if too, anyone is interested. :)

119 Christine September 13, 2013 at 3:48 pm

thanks Fizz

120 uurf September 13, 2013 at 3:39 pm

TWK is not at 5th and Negley right now; I just walked by there.

121 Victoria September 13, 2013 at 5:13 pm

What times do they film from? And will they be at St. Paul’s Cathedral on September 27? (said somewhere they will be there at the end of the month)

122 Fizz September 13, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Yesterday one of the crew mentioned that they’d been there since about 9am, and that they’d be there until 9pm. I don’t know if it’ll be the same today, since it’s their last day shooting that location. Best advice I can offer is to just go and find out. Not sure about the church scenes later this month yet.

123 Olivia September 13, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Does anyone know where the fault in our stars will be filming tomorrow or the day after?

124 Kali September 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm

They don’t film on weekends. No clue where they’ll be Monday but they’ll be at the airport Tuesday

125 classified September 14, 2013 at 11:16 am

the begin at the airport on the 18th

126 Victoria September 13, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Does anyone know if they will be at St. Paul’s on Friday September 27?

127 Vicki September 13, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Does anyone know how late into October they will be filming? Had a desire to see, but don’t want to do the drive for nothing.

128 classified September 14, 2013 at 11:20 am

on Monday they will be at hartwood acres on middle road 15101 there trailers are set up at a school right next to hartwood acres

129 john September 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm

on Tuesday the 17th they will be at Pittsburgh airport I know somebody who works there and they told me so.

130 Christine September 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Just got a tip that TFIOS will be filming at heartwood acres Monday – set up on middle road at a school

131 Nicole September 14, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Will they be filming at Hartwood acres all day Monday? I go to the high school about 5 minutes away and I was planning to go right after school which would be around 2:30. Also is that the only day they’re filming there?

132 Emma September 14, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Anyone know where they are today or tomorrow?

133 ItsAmeMario September 14, 2013 at 5:40 pm

They are in bed today and tomorrow (TFiOS)

134 Mia September 14, 2013 at 5:38 pm

If you read the previous comments yes that is the only day they are filming there they will get there at 7:30 and be done at 8:00 that night it’s 4000 middle road 15101 the next day will be at the airport

135 Emily September 16, 2013 at 9:47 am

Will John Green be at the set today?

136 Niki September 17, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Haddad trucks at the Mansions on Fifth hotel, corner of Fifth ave and Amberson ave in Shadyside. Probably for Those Who Kill. They were near there last week.

137 Another fake name September 17, 2013 at 4:36 pm

No 5th Ave is where TFIOS will be shooting tomorrow stand corrected

138 mct September 17, 2013 at 6:22 pm

wait they are filming in shadyside tomorrow? any idea what time?

139 Tom September 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm

They start at 6:30am-7pm

140 Kaitlin bledsoe September 17, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Woot! Finally a location I can reach!!!!! :D ill be there after work tomorrow ASAP!!!

141 Fran September 17, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Anyone know where they will be this Thursday the 19th?

142 John September 18, 2013 at 6:56 am

They will still be on 5th avenue

143 Kaitlin Bledsoe September 18, 2013 at 9:18 am

Here’s confirmation that they’ll be there through the 20th at the Mansions at 5th Hotel in Shadyside!

144 Jen September 18, 2013 at 10:33 am

They are definitely there! I just walked all around the neighborhood – no actor or John sightings but I saw all their trailers. I didn’t really see a good place to sit/wait for them to come out though. Let me know if anyone else is going – it wouldn’t be as awkward to wait around with more people!

145 Kaitlin bledsoe September 18, 2013 at 10:56 am

Jen- ill be there sometime after 3pm today!!!!

146 Marissa September 18, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Me too! I’m going to try for three or 330. Want to meet up?

147 Nicole September 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Does anyone know where they will be Friday?

148 Becca September 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I think they’ll still be at the Mansions on Fifth.

149 Sydney September 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm

What about this Friday, the 20th? Will they still be at the 5th be location?

150 Sydney September 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Ignore my last comment, I asked before I noticed the new ones about Friday! Also, does anyone know of the specific dates that they’ll be back to that church to film again? I know “end of September” but I was wondering if anyone had a better idea yet…

151 Danielle September 18, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I’m not sure, I was wondering the same thing. It has to be sometime next week though. Personally I’m hoping for either Thursday or Friday next week. I’m planning to go if I can figure out the exact date. I was on set yesterday and everyone was so nice!

152 Ryan September 20, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Hi Danielle! How did you get on set? That’s so sweet! And where is that church that was mentioned? I live in western PA like 2 hours from Pittsburgh and I have off school Friday the 27th and I was going to try to get John Green to sign my sister’s book for her birthday. Please let me know if you get a location for next Friday. I appreciate it!

153 Danielle September 21, 2013 at 12:36 am

Hi Ryan! I got on set because I was an extra the day they were filming at the airport. The church is in Mt Lebanon, it’s St Paul’s episcopal church. Hopefully someone will figure out what day they’re filming there soon. Good luck getting your sister’s book signed! I talked to John for a bit the other day and he’s definitely one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

154 Ryan September 21, 2013 at 11:35 am

Thanks so much Danielle! I just finished the book last night, now I want to see the set so bad. He seems like a really nice guy.

155 Joe September 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Fridays is a new location

156 jordan September 19, 2013 at 10:56 am

whats the new location on friday? I have a day off and I’m trying to go!

157 Spencer September 20, 2013 at 12:47 am

Any idea where they will be in Mid-Oct (possibly the 20th)? Considering heading the Burgh over Fall Break :)

158 Mike September 20, 2013 at 5:05 am

They will be in Amsterdam by that time in October

159 Jenn September 20, 2013 at 8:31 am

Where will the be filming around October 11th?

160 Katie September 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Will they still be on fifth avenue today? (Friday the 20th)

161 Katie September 20, 2013 at 9:36 am

never mind, I just saw the other comments :)

162 john September 20, 2013 at 11:23 am

I don’t know that far in advance it changes every so often ill try to get back to you on that

163 Katie September 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm

They aren’t on 5th avenue today, just as an fyi. I just spend an hour there, but the crew told me the actors had already left.

164 Victoria September 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Will they still be in Pittsburgh October 5th? Can’t get down there until then but really want to go!!

165 Nicole September 20, 2013 at 2:21 pm

If they aren’t on 5th avenue, where are they now? I need to know really soon.

166 Ryan September 20, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Can someone give me an update if they find out where/if they will be filming in Pittsburgh this Friday September 27th? Much appreciated!

167 Kate September 20, 2013 at 11:10 pm

You all want information that’s to far ahead of what anybody could possible know nothing is for sure until three days before and even then it could change if your looking o where they are going to be do not ask until its three days before when you looking to know

168 Becca September 21, 2013 at 1:29 pm

So, do y’all know where they’ll be on Monday?

169 ty September 21, 2013 at 1:46 pm

The crew trailers are all parked in lawrenceville in 4700 block of plummer st. Maybe they will be shooting nearby.

170 john September 21, 2013 at 2:20 pm

they will be on 41st street in Lawrenceville on Monday

171 Abbie September 22, 2013 at 8:40 am

Are really in Amsterdam? If so will they ever return to Pittsburg or any where relativly close?

172 Niki September 22, 2013 at 9:37 am

No. They wont go to Amsterdam until around October 10th. They are shooting some Amsterdam scenes in Pittsburgh, including those with Van Houten (Willem DeFoe). Check the Mosser casting Facebook page for updates. A while back they said on their fb page that Pittsburgh would represent Amsterdam for some scenes and they put out a casting call for “European” extras.

173 annie September 24, 2013 at 11:58 am

There’s parking for “extras” at the corner lot of Baum Blvd. and Liberty Avenue in Bloomfield.

174 chupas September 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

filming at Hankey Farms pool in Oakdale for something big

175 Steven September 24, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Does anyone know when Chloe Sevigny’s “Those Who Kill” on A&E starts filming in Pittsburgh?

176 Niki September 24, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Hi Steven- Those Who Kill has (also) been filming in different locations around Pittsburgh for a few weeks. I believe the signs (yellow with black writing) say “TWK”. Filming signs posted near locations for The Fault in Our Stars say “Larry”. That’s a good way to tell them apart, if you find a filming location. There was something posted on the Pittsburgh Film office traffic web page about Allegheny Square on the Northside. I’m 99% sure that is for TWK.

177 Linds September 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm

TFIOS–Saw a sign at Allegheny River Blvd and Washington Blvd today and also the sign at Liberty and Baum. Where are they filming exactly, does anyone know?

178 anurse78 September 25, 2013 at 9:30 am

They were at a farm off Hankey Farms exit (from 22/30) in Oakdale yesterday. Possibly there again today?

179 Ryan September 26, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Does anyone know where they will be tomorrow, Friday the 27th?

180 Danielle September 26, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Hey Ryan! Based on what I read on twitter, I’m almost positive they’re filming at the church again tomorrow. I’m not completely sure though, but it seems like they will be.

181 Ryan September 26, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Thanks Danielle you’re awesome! I’ll be there around 12:30… I hope they’re there!

182 Amy Jo September 26, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I saw the lights, signs and production stuff today 9/26 on Washington rd in Mt. Lebanon at St. Paul’s episcopal church!

183 Danielle September 26, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Do you happen to know if they will be filming there tomorrow too?

184 Fran September 26, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Is there a Saturday or Sunday they will be at the church for tfios? I’m sorry if this has already been answered but this is my only source to find out where they’ll be because I’d love to meet the cast, especially John. Thank you!

185 Brian September 27, 2013 at 9:25 pm

They normally don’t film on the weekends

186 Ryan September 27, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Hey guys. I went to the church and they were cleaning up from last night. The one woman said they cancelled filming last minute for today but she expects them to be back Monday. Kind of disappointing, but I was in the room where they filmed the eulogy! It was a neat setup but John and the actors weren’t around.

187 Danielle September 27, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I was there today too around 11:45 and took a few pictures of the equipment they had lying around. The woman I talked to also said they’d probably be back Monday, but she didn’t know what time. Too bad they cancelled for today though.

188 Brian September 27, 2013 at 9:27 pm

They were filming in Wilkinsburg on Friday and still should be there right now. Monday and Tuesday they are back to the Church

189 Emily September 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows where they are going to be filming this week? if anyone knows, I’d really appreciate a reply! Thanks!

190 Jae September 28, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Idk if it is this movie but there is a old closed down school on Penn Ave and Franklin Ave in Wilkinsburg and thet were there all friday night (last night) Looks like they were useing the gas station and school. Everybody has been very in the dark about it heard there was a star there but no one knows who not even the gas station worker. I use the gas station there but they had it closed for the day and night and shut down like 2 blocks. Looks like this morning they were wrapping up or just off for the day.

191 Hope September 28, 2013 at 10:34 pm

can somone plz tell me if they are filming tomorrow sunday the 29 and where because it would mean the world to me to meet the cast

192 Kali September 28, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Sorry Hope but they don’t film on weekends

193 Hope September 29, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Are they at the church tomorrow? If so does anyone know what time

194 Emily September 29, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Where will they be filming Wednesday?

195 uurf September 29, 2013 at 8:57 pm

They are at St. Paul’s episcopal tonight. Washington rd @ Mayfair in Mt. Lebanon

196 kat September 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm

are they there right now? or not until tonight?

197 dani September 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Does anyone know where they are filming today around 5?

198 stacy September 30, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Does anyone know where they will be Wednesday or Thursday? Would love to go up and meet the cast!

199 Danielle September 30, 2013 at 9:22 pm

If anyone hears where they will be filming Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday could you please let me know. I went to set today but got there right after everyone left unfortunately. Thanks!

200 Ryan September 30, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Hey Danielle! I got to meet John today! He signed my sisters book and I got a picture. You were right, he’s super nice. We also got to see Shai and Nat. If the wires and equipment were still there, they are most likely going to film at the church again tomorrow. Good luck!

201 Danielle September 30, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Congratulations! I’m so glad you got to meet him! I was thinking about going back tomorrow, but I’d need to go pretty early because someone told me they’d be done filming by the afternoon. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet haha

202 Mimi September 30, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Where is it they are filming because my friend and I would really love to meet the cast but we don’t know the location

203 Danielle September 30, 2013 at 11:18 pm

St. Paul’s episcopal church on Washington road in mt lebanon. :)

204 kat October 1, 2013 at 11:30 am

“The Fault in Our Stars” at Allegheny General Hosp. – Suburban Campus this Friday (Oct 4th)

205 K October 2, 2013 at 11:36 am

Signs are being put up this morning. Base camp is in a parking lot on the north side of the hospital. Should be pretty good access.

206 Spencer October 1, 2013 at 11:41 am

Hey! Anyone know if they will still be in Pittsburgh Oct 10th through the 12th? and do they film on Saturdays?

207 steph October 1, 2013 at 11:50 am

they are leaving for Amsterdam on october 8th. And they don’t film weekends!

208 Lin October 1, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Does anyone know where they will be tomorrow?

209 Danielle October 1, 2013 at 6:41 pm

They’re filming at a sound stage downtown tomorrow

210 Austin October 1, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Could you give a bit more info? What sound stage in downtown? I really want to go see the set.

211 Jane October 1, 2013 at 10:01 pm

WHAT SOUNDSTAGE. I NEED TO KNOW. BE SPECIFIC HERE.

212 Danielle October 2, 2013 at 12:57 am

I think it’s past the strip district. There’s a pretty large studio there, I’m not sure what it’s called though. You could probably google it. :)

213 Lin October 2, 2013 at 9:17 am

If I went, do you know if there’s a chance I could meet anyone while there? I heard that its a big place.

214 Danielle October 2, 2013 at 12:09 pm

If you have the time it’s worth a try, but it seems like kind of a difficult location to meet someone at.

215 Fran October 1, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Regarding Friday’s filming location at Allegheny General Hospital, does anyone know the time they’ll be there?

216 Alexa October 2, 2013 at 12:27 am

Does anyone know what sound stage downtown yet? And also, any word for Thursday’s location?

217 Abigail October 2, 2013 at 9:59 am

So Friday at allegheny general hospital!?

218 Abigail October 2, 2013 at 10:02 am

Does anyone know where they will be filming tomorrow?

219 Nobody Important October 2, 2013 at 11:13 am

31st street studios are on 31st. You go under the 31st street bridge to get there

They do not film on weekend.

220 K October 2, 2013 at 11:38 am

The Allegheny General for Friday is the Suburban Campus in Bellevue/Avalon, NOT the one on the North Side.

221 Kaitlin October 2, 2013 at 2:03 pm

AHHHH that’s awesome! That’s only 3-4 blocks from my house! :D guess I’ll be going to meet the cast again! Might get a photo with Shai this time if pre teens don’t swarm! And maybe I’ll bring Divergent instead for them to sign this time!!!!

222 sarah October 2, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Hey, um can I ask you a favor? If you manage to go, can you bring them a very, very important letter for me? My tumblr is helpimtiny if that helps but yeah, it would really really really mean a lot.

223 Hana October 2, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Just went to the 31st street studio and the security guard said they’re not there but he seemed a little..yanno. Anyone have any updates or can confirm what he said? Anything would help. Thanks :)

224 Nobody Important October 2, 2013 at 1:43 pm

He must be lying steak the place out

225 Hana October 2, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Well I can only look for him today so Im looking for as solid of info as possible. Did someone see them or was it confirmed to anyone that they’d be there? Checking other suspected locations until thenn. Thanks

226 Jane October 2, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Does anyone know where they’ll be filming on tomorrow and Monday?

227 Alexa October 2, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Any idea what times/how long they’ll be at the hospital on Friday?

228 Eric Grundler October 2, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Friday and Saturday. Heard it on the news. Agh north campus in Bellevue.

229 Jane October 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Saturday? I thought they didn’t film on weekends?

230 Dani October 2, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Could someone clearly tell me where they are filming on Friday? please and thank you.

231 Abigail October 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Where are they filming tomorrow? Thursday October 3rd?

232 Christine October 2, 2013 at 10:55 pm
233 sarah October 2, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Any idea of where they’ll be on Friday or Monday? I’ve tried to get my hands on every resource and finally found this. Heard of people having some success and figure I might as well try to see if I can make it.

234 JMS October 2, 2013 at 10:10 pm

they filmed today at my office building in Churchill…. will be back here next week they said.

235 Alexa October 3, 2013 at 12:08 am

Do you know what day next week? And what is this office building?

236 Jennifer October 7, 2013 at 2:37 pm

It is off Beulah Rd – there are signs for extras at the intersection.

237 Alexa October 3, 2013 at 12:58 am

Tomorrow/today is Nat’s last day filming does anyone know where they’re gonna be? I really want to try and meet him

238 Steve October 3, 2013 at 10:43 am

Saw them filming on the fifth floor of the hospital this morning.

239 Austin October 4, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Are the filming at the hospital today still, how late will they be filming, will John Green be there and if so how late will be there, and if not when will he return to the set? If anybody has any info on any of these questions, please let me know.

240 kay October 4, 2013 at 2:18 pm

yes they’re still filming there. from 6 pm – 6am tomorrow (saturday). And yes John Green is still in town, he posted a picture on twitter earlier today on the pittsburgh incline.

241 Trudy October 4, 2013 at 11:03 pm

What days are they filming next week and where?

242 Ilana October 6, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Does anyone know where they’ll be today or tomorrow (Sunday or Monday)? Thanks guys!

243 annie October 7, 2013 at 9:25 am

They’re at 5th and Negley in Shadyside right now, shooting at the church there. That’s why there’s so much traffic backup on this rainy Monday morning.

244 Christine October 7, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Thanks Annie

245 Sarah October 7, 2013 at 2:44 pm

They are in Churchill this afternoon.

246 Doogie October 7, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Where in Churchill are they? What address or intersection?

247 Sarah October 7, 2013 at 6:45 pm

It is off beulah but probably done by now. Iy

248 gili October 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Hey does anyone know where they will be on october 8th???? urgent response!!!

249 Shana October 8, 2013 at 10:42 am

Appears that they are on the Northside at Allegheny Center.

250 Maura October 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Any idea of an exact street?

251 Emily's Mom October 7, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Wish we would have known about the filming Saturday for Northgate’s Homecoming. Would have made for fun photos. Does anyone know if they’re coming back to AGH Suburban?

252 Ilana October 7, 2013 at 2:35 pm

They’re at monroeville mall today! I saw the trailers yesterday!

253 Danielle October 7, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Has anyone heard where they might be tomorrow?

254 Sarah October 8, 2013 at 10:08 am

The Strip District.

255 Maura October 8, 2013 at 10:53 am

Any idea where in the strip district?

256 Alexis October 7, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Anyone know how much longer they’ll be in town? I would do anything to meet John Green! Is he answering fan videos at all?

257 Katie October 8, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Any ideas where filming is tomorrow (wednesday)?

258 Samantha October 8, 2013 at 6:06 pm

They were filming a movie today on the North Side but I don’t know for sure which one. Lots of production trucks, lights, everything. Specifically the old Carnegie Free Library building (used to be for Allegheny City).

259 Hannah October 8, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Does anyone know if they’ll be in Pittsburgh this week 9th-11th? Thanks

260 Super Star October 9, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Are they still filming in Pittsburgh? If so for how long?? my daughter and I big John Green fans!!!

261 Jen October 11, 2013 at 11:10 am

I was an extra on set this week and I heard they finished filming in Pittsburgh on Thursday. They are heading to Amsterdam now for a few days and then they’re done filming!

262 angela October 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm

does anyone know where they will film in amsterdam? This book means a lot to me and i wanna go and look them up so badly!

263 Jen October 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I heard they are just going to be filming scenic shots of the city so they’ll probably be a bit of everywhere. They have filmed most of the Amsterdam scenes in Pittsburgh – the restaurant scene, Anne Frank’s house, etc.

264 Kaitlin April 2, 2014 at 12:01 pm

FYI all-

TFIOS is having a competition to bring back John green, Ansel Elgort, Shailene Woodley, and Nat Wolf to PA. Follow the link below to go to tumblr where you ‘note/reblog’ the PA post to bring them back!

I wish they had separate cities, but maybe that’s part 2 of the winning states? IE if we win to bring them to PA, who knows whether it’ll be in far away Philly, or in PGH.