Extras needed for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′ in Rochester, NY in May

by Christine on April 9, 2013 · 47 comments

in Casting Calls, Daily Filming Locations, Filming in Upstate New York

Wanna be an extra in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 when they film scenes in Rochester, NY next month?

If you are interested in applying, send your name, a good photograph of yourself, contact information and the year, make, and model of your car to rochester@gwcnyc.com.

If you want to work as a production assistant while the movie is in town, send your contact information to Karl Goldsmith (kgoldsmith@visitrochester.com) at the local Film Office and it will be forwarded to the Production Office.

The scout team for the movie was spotted at Main Street and Exchange Streets in Rochester yesterday where they were planning for a high-speed chase scene scheduled to be shot there during the first couple of weeks in May.

If you have any scoop about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 filming in Rochester, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

Source: WHEC

mason aldrich April 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm

i would like to be an extra in the spiderman 2 movie.

dominika homa April 9, 2013 at 7:25 pm

dominika homa April 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I am 8 years old and my birthday is in may and it would be the best birthday present. Please may I join. I am a dancer I am good in different languages I go to polish school once a week and we do acting sometimes. That would make me very very very very very happy if I will be in it! Just to warn you I am not shy to be in front of people or act because I did this since I was 3 years

dominika homa April 9, 2013 at 7:44 pm

can you let me know if i get the part,thankyou

samir chakra April 14, 2013 at 11:03 pm

My name is Samir I am 47 born 10/16/65 .I all ways wacth spider-man when i was child tell now. I speak English french and Arabic. I am a hair stylist Iwork on monroe ave. know i have 3 children, Carine she is 13 . joseph he is 11 and andrew 9 . they love to wacth spider-man. we wacth the new spider-man and they love it .when they new there filming spider-man in Rochester they start jumping up an down they were very happy. we would like to be in a movie . please let me now if possible thank you.

Micha May 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Samir and everyone else who is requesting to be considered as an Extra. Please read the instructions they have listed for everyone to follow so they are able to consider you or even know about you guys. Writing on this wall, it will not get you to be an Extra. Just saying, if you are unable to read instructions as simple as these, would you be considered? Good luck to all and God bless :-)

Carlos Merriweather April 9, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Hello, I’ve always dreamed of being an actor since my childhood days. Now in my early forties I still fill the same way. I work for an non for profit org. Called Sojourner House, I’m the after school acativity coordinator for its’ after school Program Called Dreamseeds Academy of Performing Arts. The kids that I work with and for gives me so much life and helps me to pursue many of their and my dreams. I’m hopeing that I’m chosen to be an extra in this exciting movie. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Carlos Merriweather

Alex F April 9, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Uh… I don’t think anyone’s going to get hired as an extra by posting here. Maybe read the directions? Just saying…

tracy April 30, 2013 at 2:21 pm

@ Alex F too funny! They cant even follow simple directions on how to apply NEXT……..

gboy May 2, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Exacly children

gboy May 2, 2013 at 5:28 pm

You right if you can’t follow directions how will you get hired. Think about it

Joel uriel April 10, 2013 at 12:58 am

I want to be in the movie, but I’m from Mexico and I can not speak English

Elaine Francesco April 10, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Please clarify the date(s) – is it “next week” from April 9th, or sometime in May?
My daughter is a 3rd year acting/directing student and would be interested if she is home in time; mid May.

Christine April 10, 2013 at 10:28 pm

it is may – the first two weeks of may

Bradley Baum April 11, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Would like to be involved in this epic production coming to Rochester. Please contact me with any info

Robert Porcelli April 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I would very much like to be a part of this exciting movie, I have been a Spiderman fan since i was a child reading comic books. Please consider me as an extra for the upcoming movie. This would be such a thrill for me as well as my 3 year old son Anthony who is also a big fan as well.

patti April 11, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I’d like to know if they pay extra’s?

patti April 11, 2013 at 5:41 pm

do they pay extra’s?

Nicholas A. Swann April 11, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Sirs: I just saw this blog. Tomorrow I will follow up on all information regarding being and extra/production assistant. Thank you, Nick Swann

Brian Simpson April 11, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Want to b a part of the movie and I have a Spider-Man helmet for my motorcycle

Donny Huss April 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I alwasys wanted to be in a movie.It’s been my dream to nbe in a Spider-Man movie plz give me that dream thank you

Adam Maira April 14, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Hi my name is Adam it has been a dream of mine to be part of something so epic. I have always wanted to be an actor or at least have the opportunity to work with people involved in the filming of a major motion picture. It would be an honer and privilege to be on the set of this movie as an extra! I’m a fan of the comic book and love the previous movie adaptations…….

Isiah Founchious April 15, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I would like to be in the movie, I’m 14, African American, and would appreciate being an extra in the movie.

Rafael Goomingo April 17, 2013 at 12:14 am

I am an african american gay teen transexual in a wheel chair – my dream is to be a super duper villian in Spider man. Oh can I be can I can I? if not you are a bunch of homophobe,racist,mean bitches!!! so hire me or I will get Al Sharpton and shut down production on all ya’all white cracka azzes

Donny Huss April 17, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I have always look at myself to be actor and model give me a chance. Thank u

Joseph Jacque April 19, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I think I should be an extra because I think it will be a great experience and I am willing to be the person falling out of a 20 storie building and then saved I have also seen all the movies.

lakorsha April 20, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I would love to be in part of the movie

Ej April 22, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I would like to be an extra I keep sending my info and it keep getting rejecting why ? I need to know why?

Ej April 22, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I want to be an extra in the movie I kept sending my info and it kept getting rejecting why? I need to know ?

Donny Huss April 23, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I’m 34 rochester is my home town and would like to be one of the extra give me a chance thank you you can go on my facebook and see my pics

Marlee April 26, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I submitted my information via email and have not received any information about the shoot. I’m an experienced actor, good looking, would be using a brand new jeep and sent the information a while ago so I’m not sure why I haven’t heard anything as I usually receive responses sooner than this.
Has anyone had any contact with the casting director or any other members of the production team?
Thanks!

richard ebelink April 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I like for my 2 boys to be in the spider man movie.
It would really make there day. Thank you.

Myra brickler April 27, 2013 at 7:06 pm

My names myra I’m 4’10″ (height of a legal midget but not one, which is pretty impressive) I love Spider-Man ! I have 1990 bright red Chrysler la baron convertible ! She’s beautiful! I would love to be a movie extra!

Eszabia Johnson April 27, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Just happy to be here… Please give me a opportunity to be an extra. ..or a major role…I like swinging from buildings. …

Ken Alfano April 29, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I am a 16 year old caucasian male 5’1″ and s Superhero freak!! Have seen all Spiderman films at least 8-10 times. I’d love to be an extra if you’re looking for a ‘typical creative teen’. I was downtown today scoping out the site. I can be available most times!! I have parental permission to participate . Please reply at the address I’ve included.

madison jackson April 29, 2013 at 8:32 pm

cool i hope that we both get to be an extra :)

madison jackson April 29, 2013 at 8:30 pm

iam 11 years old girl about to turn 12 in may and spider man was one of the only super hero’s that i liked. and if i got a chance to be in one of his movies as an extra that would be awesome sauce so iam not shy. so thats no problem with me and i got in to school of the arts so i think this would be an awesome way to strat at my creea. and iam 4/10 mixed with brow hair and i have permission to participate.so thanks bey

p.s plz reply

Roshod Gibson April 30, 2013 at 7:51 am

Extras needed ….i would like to play a big part in the movie in Rochester Ny
contact me asap:585.490.7087
Roshod Gibson

josie alessio April 30, 2013 at 11:17 am

this would be the best birthday gift ever if i was able to be in the spider man movie….born and raised in rochester ny especially on the east side of town i would be the happiest person ever. even if i were able to work within production of the movie would be theeeeeee best!
consider me please…

Larry Waller April 30, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Hi
I would love to get my 30 seconds of fame, in the new spider man move. That is being film in Rochester NY. I have a 2012Mercury Mariner SUV. I have had some acting ex perience in the Rochester area. all you need to do is give me a try!!

Daric Harris Priddle April 30, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I have some acting experience. I sound like a lot fun and a great experience.

Onesty Jackson May 1, 2013 at 7:53 am

Omg I Will Love To Be On The New Spidee Man Movie And The BEst Thing About It Is I Live Very Close To Downtown (( : Please Pick Me (:

Zenny Hatley May 1, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Hi there,

If you are still looking for extras for this movie I would be delighted to be a part of the film. I am Asian, 5’5 in height, with long brown hair and honey tan. Hope to hear from someone regarding casting calls soon! Spider man is a CLASSIC!

Kenneth labarge May 1, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I would like to be a extra in the movie

gboy May 2, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I love spider man I will be there:-)

ashley May 3, 2013 at 1:25 pm

my name is ashley im 25 years of age an my oldest son is 6 years of age an loves spider man an it would be so great for the both of us to be an extra in this film we have all the spider dvds it would really be great thank you

johnnie harris June 1, 2013 at 2:56 am

My name is Johnny Harris. I am very interested, and being an extra in your film, I would love to see the entire production’s, of the entire procedure of filmmaking I’ve always been interested in making movies, just haven’t been able to get involved, or given the right opportunity to be a part of such an amazing, world of creating and telling stories, to amaze everyone imagination and , to be creative to take your imagination and put it on film is such an amazing thing to me, if I’m given the opportunity to be an extra in your production of Spiderman three, I will be greatly appreciated, and highly interested and motivated. I know it’s not a big thing to you guys because you’re in the industry already, but it will be a very exciting opportunity to make. Thank you very much hope to hear from you. Are you my phone number 347-949-4889.