UPDATE: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ is filming at Jones Beach in New York

by Christine on April 3, 2013 · 19 comments

in Daily Filming Locations

For more than a month our readers on Long Island have been sending in reports of a large set being built at the Jones Beach West End Field 2, located in Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh, NY which most (including us) seemed to think was for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

But, it turns out the set is actually being constructed for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

After we reported production signs around the set read “4SQ”, one of our Twitter followers, @crazeed469, confirmed the code is for TMNT, which is expected to begin filming in and around New York City this week.

The TMNT reboot is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman and stars Megan Fox as reporter April O’Neil, Alan Ritchson as Raphael, Jeremy Howard (Galaxy Quest) as Donatello, Pete Ploszek (Parks and Recreation), as Leonardo, and Noel Fisher (Shameless) as Michelangelo.

If you have any more information about TMNT filming in New York, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

UPDATE: We’ve heard filming will start on April 4 and have confirmed the working title for the movie is Foursquare. Grant Wilfley Casting is also seeking the following extras for the feature film, “beautiful female models willing to work for regular background rate ($145/8hrs), email foursquare@gwcnyc.com if interested.”

Brian April 3, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Thank you very much for updating us. I was going to stop by the set tomorrow but since it is TMNT I may pass on stopping by UNLESS I can get a photo with a TMNT in costume!

vhavnal April 3, 2013 at 8:55 pm

News coming in is that Chow Yun Fat has been cast as Master Splinter :O

Cameron April 4, 2013 at 12:40 am

Wait what!?

Jo Kleiner April 4, 2013 at 7:41 am

The Amazing Spiderman 2 has been filming night exteriors here in Bethpage New York Gold Coast Studios which is set on the old Grumman Aerospace property. There is a large set with huge green screens and tall cranes outside across the street from where I work all lit up with huge lights. Each day I come in around 6 a.m. they are still filming until sunrise. This morning I watched for a while from my car. I can hear the director giving directions to what sounds like a crowd of extras. Also saw a smoke machine operating this morning and heard some screams.

Nicky L April 4, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Hi Christine, glad you used my pics. I came down with the flu, so haven’t been able to get back to Jones Beach for additional photos. I know the white screen is the length of the cargo containers now, and another set was also under construct to the left of the above wall. I heard they were to start shooting this week. Will try and get more pics, but heard they are going to restrict the West End only to the movie personal. I’ll keep you posted.

Nicky L

Christine April 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Thanks Nicky! I appreciate the update!

Brian April 7, 2013 at 4:54 am

does anyone know the studio or production company for the Ninja Turtle movie ? thanks

Whisper April 23, 2013 at 11:35 am

Nickelodeon Movies is the the production company, since they own all rights to the turtles, although I wish this film was based of their tv series instead

Pam May 15, 2013 at 8:38 am