‘The Vampire Diaries’ spinoff ‘The Originals’ begins filming New Orleans on Monday, March 11

by Christine on March 10, 2013 · 11 comments

in Daily Filming Locations, New Orleans

The Originals, which centers on the original vampires featured in The Vampire Diaries, moves to New Orleans this week as anticipated.

The Originals will follow Klaus (Joseph Morgan), “who returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, a town he helped build centuries ago, and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel (The Game’s Charles Michael Davis).”

Claire Holt will also reprise her role as original vamp Rebekah, Klaus’ half sister. Other familiar faces will include Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and werewolf Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin). Daniella Pineda and Danielle Campbell have also joined the cast as witches, while Leah Pipes will play Camille, a human unaware of the supernatural universe that exists around her.

The Originals pilot/The Vampire Diaries episode 420 is filming at 641 Bourbon Street (around Bourbon & St. Peter St) and Pirate Alley (around St Peter and Chartres St) in New Orleans tomorrow, March 11, all day.

Last week they filmed in The Vampire Diaries studio in Georgia and on location in Conyers, GA.

The Originals pilot will air April 25 as an episode of The Vampire Diaries. If the series is picked up, it will debut on The CW in the fall.

If you spot The Originals/Vampire Diaries filming, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

sidney March 10, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I can’t wait what time and yay i really want to meet ian somerhalder

Stelaus March 11, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I know the originals will b better for all the originals vampires. It’s an extend family of tvd. But I will miss klaus and rebekah so much in tvd. N wut about. Klairoline? Surely the writers won’t Have Caroline following klaus to all over world. Even though many fans want the 2 to b together, it won’t happen. I like klaus and Caroline more then Stelena or delena. To b honest Elena is getting to b old news.

Nini Grace March 15, 2013 at 9:00 am

I’m actually here in NOLA working this week and Jackson square is set up for filming.

Christine March 15, 2013 at 12:27 pm

thanks for the info!

Hollie March 15, 2013 at 11:59 pm

The vampire diaries filmed at the Lafitte Guest House on bourbon st. My husband was there all night and got lots of pics. His boss owns the hotel so he helped fix the rooms. :)

dibudiaz March 26, 2013 at 2:55 am

I can’t wait! They are my favourite characters in TVD and I’m so happy that they are going to be given a larger part. Original Siblings FTW!

Rebekah March 31, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Yes, i’m more and more curious about this new tvshow

Jo Snarky April 1, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Hey, I was in New Orleans the week they were filming that shoot. I really liked the artists (Jon and Shawna) and the art that they used when they were filming in Jackson Square. I hope the series uses more of their art. It’s edgy, wild, whimsical, funny, and authentic. Just like Shawna and Jon, too. They’re the real deal. I met ‘em in the French Quarter before the shoot. They’re funny, smart, super talented artists. Got a bunch of their art. They’re on Facebook, too-check out “Crescent City Skull Club.” My advice: get their art while you can. Totally worth it. Can’t wait for the show to air April 25th, too!

Nicole Raven March 7, 2014 at 11:16 pm

I go to the Conyers School of Ballet in Georgia and there was a whole month where they were filming in front and around my school. They still come to film every other week and it is soo cool!

Nicole Raven March 7, 2014 at 11:18 pm

The Palace Royale Hotel is actually my dance school!