‘Prisoners’, starring Hugh Jackman, filming underway in Conyers, GA

by Christine on January 17, 2013 · 28 comments

in Daily Filming Locations, News

It appear filming is in full swing for Prisoners, the upcoming Hugh Jackman thriller about a man who kidnaps the man believes is behind the disappearance of his daughter.

Thanks to one of our readers, Tim, we know that pre-production on the movie started last week in the Stanton Woods Subdivision in Conyers, GA. Currently, they are filming at five different homes in the neighborhood, including the two pictured below.

One of the homes has been wrapped with platforms for camera placement, well another was fitted with hoses to simulate rain. Film signs around the neighborhood also read Captives, which was also the name listed on the production flyers.

According to a story in the Newton Citizen, “A good bit of the film itself takes place in the subdivision and in the characters’ houses.”

Filmmakers have a satellite production office in the neighborhood, as well as a headquarters in Stone Mountain, where they are filming in the downtown area.

Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Maria Bello, Terrence Howard, Viola Davis, and Melissa Leo also star.

If you check out Prisoners filming in Conyers, we’ve heard they may be there through the end of the month, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

Melissa January 17, 2013 at 8:32 am

We live in the Atlanta area and we would love to get a Hugh Jackman autograph while he is in town filming. We saw where they are filming in the subdivision and we believe we found their trailers. Do you have any suggestions on how to possibly meet him around the set or base camp or possibly a good time to try? Thanks!!!

Christine January 17, 2013 at 9:44 am

I would just wait at the perimeter of the set, usually they have barricades or Production Assistants around creating a perimeter around the location, and wait until you spot him and hopefully he’ll come over, I think he is usually pretty nice. If you’re polite, the crew usually is, too but you might have to wait a long time, since there’s no way to really know exactly when they’ll take breaks or wrap up for the day.

Melissa January 17, 2013 at 10:02 am

Thank you very much for your help! Do they usually keep filming even on Sundays?

Christine January 17, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I assume they will be on a Monday – Friday schedule but since it’s the first week it’s hard to know for sure…

Kevin January 17, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Would you hapen to know the address to the production office that on site do you? Would like to send a letter to jackman!! Thanks
Kevin

Christine January 18, 2013 at 12:44 pm

the only place I know to get prod. office info is Production Weekly but you have to pay for it (you can pay for just one month though and should be able to get info).

Mad Studios January 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Pay for the info, right. Just so happens we have a young man on the way to the production office Monday maybe. Im @Madstudios30620 on the tweeter. My android app is $4.99 but I am still giving it away free to those that ask nicely. ( googleplay.atlantafilmcrew.com )

Also, beware, the pay for casting and etc. is often absolutely unreliable. Casting office, see the office before you part with your money.

Rebekah January 21, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Do you think they are filming today, Monday the 21? Since it is Martin Luther king day and the inauguration?

Lee January 29, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Why wouldn’t they be filming on those days? It’s mostly a southern holiday, so Hollywood probably doesn’t care about little meaningless things such as that. And inauguration was really on Saturday, it’s just for show on the 21st.

Christine January 21, 2013 at 12:28 pm

yes, everything is filming as normal today

Mark January 22, 2013 at 6:17 am

Does anyone know the address for the set or production office? I’d love to know too, thanks.

Theresa Whire January 22, 2013 at 3:56 pm

This is taking place in my neighborhood

Christine January 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm

cool! have you spotted Hugh or Jake?

Theresa January 23, 2013 at 8:31 am

Not yet.

Rebekah January 24, 2013 at 3:01 am

I was there on Monday the 21 and met Hugh Jackman. He was very nice. He gave out autographs but would not take pictures with people. You could take pictures of him. I was told that Jake had been there earlier in the day but I had missed him

Teresa January 25, 2013 at 10:26 pm

When you met Hugh was he on the set or at base camp? I was thinking it might be easier to meet at base camp. Also, does anyone know when they are filming next week? I want to go in the day time? Thanks.

William Thore January 24, 2013 at 6:18 pm

They are filming right down the and around the corner from where I live, haven’t seen anyone yet but would like to Hugh’s autograph big fan of X-Men and Van Helsin

William Thore January 24, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I live in the sub-division as well, I must commend the production crew, as they move about their business they are very professional and even throw up their hands as we pass them driving out of the sub division. Today as I came in from work I saw two Stagecoach buses pulling into the parking area at the church where the crew park their cars. It’s beginning to get exciting around here!

Rebekah January 26, 2013 at 2:04 am

I met him on set or near the set. He stops on his way in and out and would give autographs or say hello and wave.

Santrice Washington January 28, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I will love to your movie please contract me on my email. I love movie

Rebekah February 3, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Will they be filming at this location all next week?

Paige H. February 14, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Hey, me and some friends are road tripping back home to Georgia for spring break. Does anyone know if the filming locations will be the same or different for March 8-15? Thanks to everyone who has been posting info!

stolar13 February 20, 2013 at 7:30 pm

It appears they are now setting up shop in Tucker, GA. In my business park there are orange cones with yellow signs saying “CAPTIVE” To Set, Extras Holding, Caterer, etc. They have changed the lobby of a vacant office building to say “City of Conyers (I believe) Police Department”. Definitely something going on.

Christine February 20, 2013 at 9:26 pm

thanks! can you share the street it is on? Does it look like they are filming tonight or tomorrow maybe? thanks!

stolar13 February 20, 2013 at 10:10 pm

North Royal Atlanta Drive, 1st building on the left. I’d say its a very good chance they will be filming there very soon. All the signs went up today, and I saw a very expensive looking trailer parked at the back of the building. Also noticed what appeared to be a security guard parked on location.

synergy March 29, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Hugh is working out at Core Body in Decatur. Have seen him in there 2-3 times, usually around 8AM or so…FYI