‘Spider-Man 2′ Update: more shooting dates & scene descriptions revealed

by Christine on December 15, 2012 · 33 comments

in New York City

This morning we posted the first casting call for London Calling, aka The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and this afternoon we found two additional listings from NYC-based casting company Grant Wilfley, one for a funeral scene and another for cenes involving “core scientists”.

You can check out the details below:

SAG-AFTRA Featured Friends & Family Mourners (Feb 14th)
London Calling
2/14/2013

Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 – 70
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Men & Women, 18-70 age range, to portray Friends & Family Mourning at a Funeral/ Wake. The scene is scheduled to film February 14th, 2013. This is very featured & I will be submitting photos to the Director.

SAG-AFTRA Core Scientists, Engineers, Technicians (multiple dates)
London Calling

Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /22 – 65
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Men & Women, 20s-60s age range, all ethnicities to portray a Core Group of Scientists, Technicians, Engineers, etc. This will be multiple days work between March & July. No exact dates yet & we will be rotating people. We will be submitting photos to the Director.

Leidau John Saytee December 15, 2012 at 8:19 am

Hello, I am well interested in background role for Spiderman 2 shooting in 2013. How do I go about getting involved and what email do I post my picture on for the background role?

John Darling December 18, 2012 at 9:13 am

The first thing you will need to do is look into getting an agent; there may be extra/ background casting agents in your area for this. Then you need to find out (research can help here) who the casting director is for this film. There will be a casting director that is hiring the bg/ extras. They are the one that needs to see the headshots/ resumes for performers. usually they get their headshots from the Talent agencies so that is why you need to look into booking with an agent first. Hope that helped.

Shelley Peterman December 15, 2012 at 8:47 am

I might be interested. Where exactly is it going to be? This is my first time thinking of doing this. what time should i be there? I am not really sured whats happening on Valentines day of 2013. I am an athlete for Special Olympics. So I may or might not be available. I am not sure what you mean by, submitting my photo in a email for the role

Trevor Dylan Benoit December 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hey I am interested in being a stand-in during 2/14/12 filming, where and when can I submit photos for the scene?

Trevor Dylan Benoit December 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Hopefully more info will be released in the coming days!

Jay December 15, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I am interested in being an extra in the Spider-man 2 film.

Cody December 15, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I am interested big time! Someone e-mail me more information if you have any.

richard cooper December 16, 2012 at 5:30 am

hi
i am really interested in becoming a extra in the spiderman film i am a life long marvel fan and to be apart of this would be a life experience none many poeple could explain to their friends and everyday work collegues how do i go about becoming a core scientist in this film please let me know of more information and i will submit photos

regards
richard cooper

Dimitri Kotsiras December 16, 2012 at 5:38 am

I would very interested to take part in this scene. I really liked the reboot!

Jonah Woessner December 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Hello
I am extremely interested in being an extra in the Spider-Man 2 film. I am 18years old and have an athletic build, however I will be 19 when shooting for the funeral scene begins. Please let me know if you need head shots, and let me know who I need to contact to be a part of this amazing film.
Thank you.

Jonah Woessner December 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Hello
I am extremely interested in being an extra in the Spider-Man 2 film. I am 18 years old and have an athletic build, however I will be 19 when shooting for the funeral scene begins. Please let me know if you need head shots, and let me know who I need to contact to be a part of this amazing film.
Thank you.

Jonah Woessner December 16, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hello,
I am extremely interested in being a part of the Spider-man 2 motion picture. I am 18 years old with an athletic build, however I will be 19 once shooting has begun on Feb. 14th. Please let me know who I need to email and send pictures to in order to be a part of this amazing film.

Ben O'Sullivan December 16, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Hello,
Wow what an awesome opportunity this would be, I am 16 years old and would love to be an extra in your film. It would be an honour really. Please email me about more detailed information and where i can send you a picture. Here is my Youtube Channel also if you’d like to see my potential. Thankyou for taking your time to read.

kenneth December 17, 2012 at 3:44 am

Good day,

As a fan of the comic book, I would love an opportunity to appear in the upcoming Spiderman movie. Please advise on the necessary steps needed to do so.

Shannel Davis April 12, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I am interested in being an stand in. Where and when is it and how do I sign up

Shannel Davis April 12, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I’m 18 years old and am very interested in being an stand-in!