‘Spider-Man 2′ Update: more shooting dates & scene descriptions revealed

by Christine on December 15, 2012 · 33 comments

in New York City

This morning we posted the first casting call for London Calling, aka The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and this afternoon we found two additional listings from NYC-based casting company Grant Wilfley, one for a funeral scene and another for cenes involving “core scientists”.

You can check out the details below:

SAG-AFTRA Featured Friends & Family Mourners (Feb 14th)
London Calling
2/14/2013

Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 – 70
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Men & Women, 18-70 age range, to portray Friends & Family Mourning at a Funeral/ Wake. The scene is scheduled to film February 14th, 2013. This is very featured & I will be submitting photos to the Director.

SAG-AFTRA Core Scientists, Engineers, Technicians (multiple dates)
London Calling

Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /22 – 65
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking: SAG-AFTRA Men & Women, 20s-60s age range, all ethnicities to portray a Core Group of Scientists, Technicians, Engineers, etc. This will be multiple days work between March & July. No exact dates yet & we will be rotating people. We will be submitting photos to the Director.

1 Leidau John Saytee December 15, 2012 at 8:19 am

Hello, I am well interested in background role for Spiderman 2 shooting in 2013. How do I go about getting involved and what email do I post my picture on for the background role?

2 John Darling December 18, 2012 at 9:13 am

The first thing you will need to do is look into getting an agent; there may be extra/ background casting agents in your area for this. Then you need to find out (research can help here) who the casting director is for this film. There will be a casting director that is hiring the bg/ extras. They are the one that needs to see the headshots/ resumes for performers. usually they get their headshots from the Talent agencies so that is why you need to look into booking with an agent first. Hope that helped.

3 Shelley Peterman December 15, 2012 at 8:47 am

I might be interested. Where exactly is it going to be? This is my first time thinking of doing this. what time should i be there? I am not really sured whats happening on Valentines day of 2013. I am an athlete for Special Olympics. So I may or might not be available. I am not sure what you mean by, submitting my photo in a email for the role

4 Trevor Dylan Benoit December 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hey I am interested in being a stand-in during 2/14/12 filming, where and when can I submit photos for the scene?

5 Trevor Dylan Benoit December 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Hopefully more info will be released in the coming days!

6 Jay December 15, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I am interested in being an extra in the Spider-man 2 film.

7 Cody December 15, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I am interested big time! Someone e-mail me more information if you have any.

8 richard cooper December 16, 2012 at 5:30 am

hi
i am really interested in becoming a extra in the spiderman film i am a life long marvel fan and to be apart of this would be a life experience none many poeple could explain to their friends and everyday work collegues how do i go about becoming a core scientist in this film please let me know of more information and i will submit photos

regards
richard cooper

9 Dimitri Kotsiras December 16, 2012 at 5:38 am

I would very interested to take part in this scene. I really liked the reboot!

10 Jonah Woessner December 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Hello
I am extremely interested in being an extra in the Spider-Man 2 film. I am 18years old and have an athletic build, however I will be 19 when shooting for the funeral scene begins. Please let me know if you need head shots, and let me know who I need to contact to be a part of this amazing film.
Thank you.

11 Jonah Woessner December 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Hello
I am extremely interested in being an extra in the Spider-Man 2 film. I am 18 years old and have an athletic build, however I will be 19 when shooting for the funeral scene begins. Please let me know if you need head shots, and let me know who I need to contact to be a part of this amazing film.
Thank you.

12 Jonah Woessner December 16, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hello,
I am extremely interested in being a part of the Spider-man 2 motion picture. I am 18 years old with an athletic build, however I will be 19 once shooting has begun on Feb. 14th. Please let me know who I need to email and send pictures to in order to be a part of this amazing film.

13 Ben O'Sullivan December 16, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Hello,
Wow what an awesome opportunity this would be, I am 16 years old and would love to be an extra in your film. It would be an honour really. Please email me about more detailed information and where i can send you a picture. Here is my Youtube Channel also if you’d like to see my potential. Thankyou for taking your time to read.

14 kenneth December 17, 2012 at 3:44 am

Good day,

As a fan of the comic book, I would love an opportunity to appear in the upcoming Spiderman movie. Please advise on the necessary steps needed to do so.

15 Shannel Davis April 12, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I am interested in being an stand in. Where and when is it and how do I sign up

16 Shannel Davis April 12, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I’m 18 years old and am very interested in being an stand-in!