‘Foxcatcher’, starring Channing Tatum, filming in Sewickley Heights, PA this week

by Christine on October 16, 2012 · 31 comments

in Daily Filming Locations, News

As we’ve reported, a new film starring Steve Carell, Mark Ruffalo and Channing Tatum, entitled Foxcatcher begins filming in the Pittsburgh, PA area this week.

The movie follows John du Pont, the great-great-grandson of E.I. du Pont who founded the chemical company. In January 1996, John shot and killed David Schultz, a 1984 gold medal winner who lived at the state-of-the-art Foxcatcher National Training Center on the 800-acre du Pont property in Newtown Square, Pa.

This week the movie is filming in Sewickley Heights, PA and Edgeworth, check out the details below:

Blackburn Road in Sewickley Heights will be intermittently closed from 8:00AM to 12:00PM on Monday, October 15th and from 6:00AM to 6:00PM on Tuesday, October 16 and Thursday, October 18 for filming.

Film crews also requested to use Woodland Road in Edgeworth to record a driving scene for three hours on Oct. 19.

If you spot Foxcatcher filming in Pittsburgh this fall, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

Source: TribLive, Pittsburgh Film Office

Kama Weaver October 19, 2012 at 5:40 pm

My husband was out that way and was wondering what was going on…now we know. Can wait to see the movie.

Sharon October 22, 2012 at 11:24 am

Anyone know where they are filming this week, Thursday, Oct. 26th? Headed that way then. Thnx.Sharon

Kascia McCluskey October 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Is he going to be doing signings? in sewickly/ pittsburgh?

Tabitha October 24, 2012 at 7:09 am

From the things i have heard he was in Latrobe last night, and is filming in Ligonier today :)

Karolina October 25, 2012 at 9:50 pm

idk if it was rumors or what, but I guess he was filming in my school today :D

Sharon October 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Karolina, where is your school at? Wanted to head up that way from Ohio but not sure whe he will be. They said he was in Lingoria, (not sure on spelling) last night. Any info? Thanks in advance, Sharon

Jade October 26, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Anyone know where they’ll be filming today?

Chelsie October 26, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Any whereabouts of where he’s at?!

Jade October 26, 2012 at 8:23 pm

My friend saw him running at Indian Lake Park about two hours ago. My Aunt also said he was filming in Irwin today and then he went to Shooters for wings and a beer.

Anonymous October 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Channing Tatum is staying at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott in Latrobe PA. He is being seen all over the place via facebook but the only thing I can confirm is where he is saying. I can’t say how I know but its true.

Kelly October 27, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Just talked to someone on twitter she posted a pic of him at the airport in Wilmington she saw him today. Must get the weekend off. If ya here anything keep us posted!!!

Gina October 29, 2012 at 5:18 am

Is there a way to follow certain/particular celeb posts on here to get emailed updates on upcoming filming dates/locations on only them? and what they are presently filming?

Christine October 29, 2012 at 9:42 am

are you just looking for updates on Channing? I would follow the comments in this thread:

ppl are leaving lots of news/info there

betty October 31, 2012 at 12:38 am

Trailers for filming have been set up at the vfw in white oak for filming

Christine October 31, 2012 at 1:34 pm

thanks Betty!

Gina November 1, 2012 at 4:49 am

Thank you Christine, yes I am. I wish i could subscribe to him and get notifications when people post updates about him specifically so it wouldnt be as hard. As it is now i check like a mad woman and have to scan through numerous posts to know if he’s in the area. It would even be nice if they had a list of celebrity that would make it easier to check in on certain people…like a drop down menu….Just a suggestion OLV :)

Christine November 1, 2012 at 1:11 pm

If I had more time money or resources I would love to do that but unfortunately I don’t, you can always use the search box to search for a specific name too

Courtney November 1, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Where is he now!?

Kaitlyn November 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Does anyone know where he will be on saturday 11/3/2012????

Laci November 11, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I heard he’s staying in Pittsburgh/Sewickley till January!

hailey haney November 13, 2012 at 1:24 pm

hes in evan city/ connoquenessing area.

hailey haney November 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm

hes there the whole week i believe

Sara C November 13, 2012 at 2:59 pm

He’s on Harmony Road in a little town called Connoquenessing. At least that’s where the film crew is right now! :)

Will November 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Sara C, I’m from Evans City! I live in pittsburgh now… Thinking about making a trip. Do you know if be there tomorrow?

Rachel November 15, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I saw him!!!

Kelly November 15, 2012 at 5:45 pm

You’re supposed to say where :)

Nicole November 26, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Does anyone know if he was around on the weekend or where they will be filming this week, 30th, 1st?
Thanks

Kelly November 28, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Are they still filming? I heard until January but then I heard until Thanksgiving :( Hoping until January!

Taylor December 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Hes filming at my school.. and its sooo distracting. Like i wanna meet him sooooo bad! I seen him this morning today.. but then when we saw him and he waved… We all screamed (yes hes that big of a deal!!) they came up and covered up the window that are on the gym door!! But if they were that smart..they woulda taped the windows on the inside.. cause we just tore it down anyway!! I know this is pointless .. but i just had to show my love for channing tatum!
- Even though hes 18 years older than me , i love him..! (not like that but i do love himm) and i just wanna meet him sooooo bad :(

~And dont you guys think that to be fair since the teachers get to meet him and Steve Carell .. and Mark.. and since our wrestling team gets to be in the back ground .. and get to meet him… That we should get to meet him! It makes me soooo made that i could cry.. Like honsetly ,Hes like my insperation..! (ha that may sound weird but oh well !) i just wish someone would call my school and tell them they should let him meet us :( because that would make my christmas ! but i know thats never gonna happen and it breaks my heart <|3

Taylor December 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm