Channing Tatum begins filming ‘Foxcatcher’ in Pittsburgh this Fall, Extras with wrestling experience needed

by Christine on September 13, 2012 · 312 comments

in Pittsburgh

Back in May we reported there was a possibility of Channing Tatum filming his next movie, Foxcatcher, in Pittsburgh, and now a recent casting call seems to confirm the news.

Foxcatcher follows John du Pont, the great-great-grandson of E.I. du Pont who founded the chemical company. In January 1996, John shot and killed David Schultz, a 1984 gold medal winner who lived at the state-of-the-art Foxcatcher National Training Center on the 800-acre du Pont property in Newtown Square, Pa.

Steve Carell and Mark Ruffalo will also star in the movie, with filming expected to begin next month.

In preparation for his role, Channing has been in training with a wrestling coach during breaks from his current project, White House Down.

Now, the film’s casting director is looking for other young men in the Pittsburgh area with wrestling experience too.

If you have any scoop about where Foxcatcher is filming in Pittsburgh, let us know about it via email at olv@onlocationvacations.com, or in a comment below! In the past our Pittsburgh fans have been able to keep each other up-to-date with all of the latest filming locations via our comment threads, hopefully we can do the same here!

Here are all of the details for this weekend’s casting call for wrestlers:

WRESTLERS NEEDED FOR MOVIE FILMING IN PITTSBURGH

WRESTLING AUDITIONS

SEPTEMBER 15, 2012

Canon McMillan High School, Canonsburg PA

Must register in advance to get details (see below)

Filming dates: October 2012 – January 2013

Ages 12 – 65

Bennett Miller, Oscar nominated Director of “Moneyball,” is in town casting a movie about Olympic Gold Medalist wrestlers, Dave and Mark Schultz.To ensure an authentic depiction of the sport and community we want to cast as many REAL wrestlers, coaches, referees, trainers, scorekeepers, and committee members as possible. This casting session will not just be for extras. There will be the opportunity to be upgraded to speaking roles.

Wrestling choreography and consulting will be provided by John Giura (2 time World Cup Champion, 3 time NCAA All-American), and Jesse Jantzen, (Collegiate National Champion and 4 time state champion).

To be considered please email WrestlingExtras@gmail.com for details. Casting opportunities for general extras, and wrestling fans are also being sought at this time. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Thanks to Niki for the head’s up!

1 cindy September 14, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Theyr r using my friends apartment in mckeesport to shoot scenes. For
foxcatcher

2 Sharon September 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

Cindy,
I live in Bellaire, Ohio. I was wondering if you could give me any information at all as to when
they will start filming? Also, do you know if Channing will be there, when, etc.?
I know this is asking alot but my niece and I are wanting to drive there to try to catch a
glimpse, (smile) of him. This is the closest we will ever get to try and see him, autograph, photo,
whatever we can get.
Whatever you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Sharon September 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

Also, I work for Newspaper in West Virginia. I’m using my contacts here to see when
and where for the filming and what stars will actually be there. If I hear anything, I will
share that with you.

Again, thank you

4 Christine September 14, 2012 at 10:53 pm

cool! do you know when they will be there?

5 ItsAmeMario September 17, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Subscribing to updates!

6 meg September 19, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Updates

7 meg September 19, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Updates asap

8 dom September 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Mark Ruffalo was at a shooting range in Monroeville Pa today.

9 Christine September 20, 2012 at 9:14 pm

thanks! exciting to know they are arriving!

10 LisaF October 2, 2012 at 11:23 am

Updates, please :)

11 Sharon October 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Any updates on filming of Foxcatcher with Channing? Would love to head that way if I only
knew when he was going to be there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

12 Adam H. October 3, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Filming outside my office building Oct. 3, 2012 just off Rodi Road near the Comfort Inn.

13 Sharon October 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Adam,
Do you know if they will be there any other times this week? We live in Ohio, Bellaire, not
far from Pitt. Would love to head that way to see what we can see, smile.
Please, if you have any info, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Misty120_99@yahoo.com

14 Sharon October 3, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Adam, talk to me, smile. I need to know when they will be filming there in Pitt. Looking to see
Channing Tatum and others. Will have to take off work so any ADVANCE information you can
find out would really be great.
email address: Misty120_99@yahoo.com

THANK YOU!

15 Jill Glover October 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Sign me up!!

16 maizie October 4, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Some of this is stalkerish. I am super to close to where they are and no sightings here.

17 Greg October 4, 2012 at 4:54 pm

The entire productions company is located at the bottom of Rodi Rd in Penn Hills above the Comfort Inn in the white Vocollect Building. They are shooting scenes (likely wrestling) in basement and the Haddad trucks are on site. Director has been on site many times as well as casting by Donna Bellajac.
No doubt main talent has been there or will be there soon.

They also will be filming at the Mellon Estate in Ligonier.

18 Christine October 4, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thanks for the info Greg but are you sure it is for Foxcatcher? A casting call for stand ins just went out and the mot likely wouldn’t start shooting w/out stand- ins..

19 Christine October 4, 2012 at 9:10 pm

just checked the start date the production co has listed and it is October 15, could they just be setting up maybe at that location? I don’t think filming has started yet…

20 Sarah October 5, 2012 at 7:06 am

The white building location is actually the administrative offices and art department. It’s a business office with other companies in the building. They do cast hiring here. No filming.

21 Christine October 5, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thanks Sarah for clearing that up!

22 Patricia Withers October 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

Are they still at the Comfort Inn off of Rodi?

I know Channing was here this Friday night partying at a club downtown.

23 Sharon Sadlowsi October 15, 2012 at 10:30 am

Patricia,
Do you know if they will be filming this Tues. or Thursday of this week? Wanted to head that way
to get a pic for my daugher. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

24 Christine October 15, 2012 at 12:23 pm

according to the latest production reports it was pushed back and rod. starts next mon now, he prob is in town rehearsing and training , think the Rodi address is their offices…will let you know if I hear more…

25 Sharon Sadlowsi October 15, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Thanks Christine. I am heading that way this evening, planning on staying the night. Sure wish I knew where or when something was going on. Can only be there for the day tomorrow then
have to head back to work on Wed. :(
You don’t know where any of them are staying at do you? Or even if Channing is there?
I heard he was in Pitt Sat. night. Just need to get a photo for my daugher. She’s driving me crazy :)

I don’t even know how to get to Rodi Road but I guess I’ll find out shortly. Any infor before 5pm
today would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

26 Sharon Sadlowsi October 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm

christine,
Do you think it’s worth the drive up there? We live about an hour away. Just kind of leary
about it. I’m 53 and prancing around with my niece to get a photo of this man :)!!!! Kids!!!!
I only have tomorrow off. I can’t do any other days. Let me know what you think. Your there, I’m
not. Thanks Alot for any information you can get me.

27 Catching the Fox October 15, 2012 at 3:28 pm

You should probably wait a few days.. in a few days we should get reports of how security is, how the actors re-act, and better location details

28 Sharon Sadlowsi October 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I wish I could wait a few days. I’m off tomorrow. This is horrible :( Do you think Channing is still
in Pitt., maybe training, etc.?

29 Niki October 16, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Sharon,
I agree with Catching.. You should probably wait a few days for reliable info and see if the stars are even willling to meet up with fans (or have the time in their schedule) before you travel here.

The best way to get info about stars filming around an area is via twitter. Do you or your neice have a twitter account? You should follow:
@olv (on location vacations on twitter)
@bc_trib
@PghFilmOffice
@SteelCinemaPGH
@NikiMarieR (me)

30 Sharon October 18, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thank Niki for the info. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I work all week
and it’s hard to check. My niece and I are going to wait a few more days. Hopefully
we can find out more info as the days go on. Anything you can give would be greatly
appreciated. We do have twitter and are now following. Keep in touch.
Misty120_99@yahoo.com

31 dom October 15, 2012 at 3:51 pm

just this on another page of this website: UPDATE: Filming taking place on Blackburn Road in Sewickley Heights (Pittsburgh) this week, could be for Foxcatcher, starring Channing Tatum.

32 Christine October 15, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Ok guys, here is where they filming this a report on Twitter said Channing was there but can’t confirm: Blackburn Road in Sewickley Heights will be intermittently closed from 8:00AM to 12:00PM on Monday, October 15th and from 6:00AM to 6:00PM on Tuesday, October 16 and Thursday, October 18.

sorry for confusion…guess they are filming today, if anyone checks it out let us know, thanks!

33 Jill Glover October 16, 2012 at 8:48 am
34 Niki October 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Channing spotted in grocery store and Starbucks in Sewickley per @bc_trib on twitter. :)

35 Niki October 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Here is the address on Blackburn road where they are filming Foxcatcher this week. Not sure if the main actors are supposed to be there yet. Channing is def. in town.

36 Patricia October 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Does anyone know where Channing is staying? Or other filming sights ?

37 dom October 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

With so much filming taking place in Sewickley, and Channing being spotted in Sewickley – I would guess the Doubletree by the airport. That way they can fly in and out for the weekend. Just a guess.

38 Patricia Withers October 18, 2012 at 9:58 am

Thanks, good idea.

39 erica October 20, 2012 at 12:18 pm

i work at the double tree and they are not staying there. my boyfriend works production, call sheet has fairmont downtown listed.

40 Niki October 16, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Woodland road in Edgeworth possible filming location for Oct. 19th:

Filming on Blackburn road Tues. & Thurs. 6 a.m.-6 p.m.

West Mifflin Middle School & New England Elementary School other possible locations for future shooting:

41 Christine October 16, 2012 at 10:59 pm

thanks Niki!!

42 Lindsay October 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

Channing was spotted at the Milkshake Factory last night :)

43 Niki October 17, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Independent film in Washington, PA: The Umbrella Man…starring Abbie Cobb (@TheLovelyAbs on twitter)

44 Christine October 17, 2012 at 9:43 pm

thanks!

45 Niki October 18, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Tomorrow:
Film crews also requested to use Woodland Road in Edgeworth to shoot a driving scene for a few hours tomorrow, Friday, Edgeworth Manager Marty McDaniel said. They also could use a small section of Woodland Road in Sewickley, police Chief Jim Ersher said.

46 Shelly October 19, 2012 at 10:45 am

Hi guys! My sister and friends tried all day to ser channing in sewickly near Blackburn rd. We drove around and saw a bunch of trucks and people but it wad so hard to stop. There is security everywhere! I think they’re there 24/7! We spent about 3 hours driving around but no luck. They’re guards are at every rd near them plus a fee cops are around too. If anyone has any info how to sneak on let me know. How long will they be in sewickly?

47 Sharon October 19, 2012 at 11:12 am

Has anyone maybe tried to follow them, see where they are staying? Try to catch a pic in the parking lot or something? Let me know, headed that way soon.
Thnx

48 Niki October 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Some radio stations that might give location info are 96.1 KISS FM & STAR 100.7. I think 96.1 gave location info for Abduction…not sure. (@961KISS & @StarPittsburgh on twitter)

I heard they will be possibly filming some scenes at Washington & Jefferson college at some point.

Also, for those on twitter, Channing Tatum (@channingtatum), Mark Ruffalo (@MRuff221), and Steve Carell (@SteveCarell) are all on twitter and verified.

I was searching on twitter. Mark R. told some girl that Vanessa Redgrave is in Foxcatcher!

49 Christine October 19, 2012 at 8:14 pm

awesome Niki thanks so much!

50 Niki October 19, 2012 at 11:21 pm
51 Niki October 20, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Tip from Alicia on Twitter – She heard they will be filming at Dots family restaurant in Mckeesport sometime.

52 Ann October 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I heard he was shooting in Ligonier pa. Does anyone know when?

53 Niki October 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Might be today. He was spotted at the Walmart in Latrobe last night.

54 Christine October 22, 2012 at 11:27 am

Anyone know where they are filming today? Heard they might be back at Blackburn Road & Scaife Rd in Sewickley

55 Niki October 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Where did you hear that? I’m not 100% sure about Latrobe. I just know he was seen there last night.

56 Kevin October 31, 2012 at 1:10 pm

They are filming in Mckeesport on 5th Ave(rt 148) by the East End Grill

57 Niki October 23, 2012 at 12:18 pm

They are supposedly filming in the Latrobe/Ligonier area today. Channing was spotted at the Walmart in Latrobe last night. Latrobe is one hour east of Pittsburgh. Ligonier is a little south of Latrobe.

58 Niki October 23, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Sorry…forgot to mention… info about Latrobe came from @961Kiss on twitter. They might announce locations from 96.1 KISS FM in the future, like they did when Abduction was filming here.

59 Niki October 23, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Tip from Suzi on Twitter – Filming at Milton estate in Ligonier. Also, I heard from somewhere that they are probably doing night shoots right now.

60 Christine October 23, 2012 at 10:31 pm

thanks Niki!!!

61 ted October 23, 2012 at 10:08 pm

He’s staying in the new Marriott suits across the street from Latrobe airport right now. I seen him at tin lizzys bar last night

62 Sharon October 24, 2012 at 8:19 am

Hey Ted,
How sure are you that he’s staying in the new Marriott in Latrobe? I’m heading that way today,
my only day off :(, Hoping to catch a pic. Do you know if he will be there today, filming?
Thanks so much for the info. It’s like trying to find a needle in a hay stack :) Will you be around
Thursday? Looking for someone who knows the area.

63 Mary October 24, 2012 at 7:47 am

Met him at Sharkeys last night he was so nice to the fans and was wearing a Latrobe shirt (local school) so that was cool

The morning guys mikey and bob on 96.1 kiss fm in Pittsburgh have been keeping track of him in town if you have twitter they are @961Kiss @fsmikey @fsbigbob

They have also been tracking where the movie is shooting on their website http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshowpage2.html?article=10498271

64 Niki October 24, 2012 at 11:27 am

Sharon,
I think you will be better off looking for the Milton estate if you want to see the actors. They will spend more hours filming (12-16) than they are off. Look for yellow signs with black writing to find your way to the set, base camp, crew parking, etc. They might have initials for Fair Hill project (the fake name for this movie), Foxcatcher, or something else; FHP, FOX, etc.

65 Sharon October 24, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Niki,
In Latrobe?

66 Sharon October 24, 2012 at 12:01 pm

The Milton Estate in Latrobe?
Thanks Sharon

67 Niki October 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I think the Milton estate is in Ligonier.

68 Candace October 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Does anyone know how long he may be filming in Ligonier? Just think week? A couple weeks?

69 Ryan October 24, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I heard Carrell is driving a black bently…. Also where exactly is Milton Estate?

70 Patrick Nelson November 5, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Till Monday

71 Christine October 25, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Someone on twitter said they are filming around IUP this weekend but I can’t find any info, have you guys heard anything?

72 Sharon October 26, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Christine,
Where is IUP?
Thanks

73 Niki October 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm

IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) is in the town if Indiana, PA. It’s ~20-30 miles northeast of Latrobe.

74 Sharon October 26, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Thanks Niki,
Let me know if you hear anything else. I live in Ohio so it’s hard unless someone says something on twitter wich they usually don’t. I know he left Ligonier for sure.
That was from, almost, the horses mouth but didn’t know if they went home to be with family or working elsewhere this week.
Keep in touch.
Thanks

75 Patricia October 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

And friend of a friend had him in his cab to the airport today. I’ll bet you he is heading to New Orleans to open his new restaurant this weekend.

76 Sharon October 29, 2012 at 8:19 am

Thanks Patricia,
Your right, he did go to the airport. The hotel at the Latrobe Airport told me that
on Friday. He was headed home to see his family. I’m sure he will be headed to New Orleans for his Grand Opening.
Keep me posted and thanks so much.

77 Sharyn October 26, 2012 at 12:28 am
78 Sharon October 26, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Sharyn,
Thanks for the info. if you hear anything else, please let me know. We were gonna head up to Ligonier tomorrow but it’s hard not knowing if he’s still there. I know they shoot M-F, but
not sure if they headed back to Pgh. yet.

79 Chelsie October 26, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Anyone know of his whereabouts?

80 Lindsay October 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I heard he was filming in McKeesport today near Dot’s. Can anyone confirm?

81 Sharon October 30, 2012 at 4:43 pm

The last I heard plus saw a pic was him and his wife in North Carolina at Olive Garden. That was on Sunday. I think he would be heading down to New Orleans for the opening of his bar this
Fri. and Sat.
Let me know if anyone hears anything else.

82 Marie October 30, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I saw all sorts of crew parking signs up, not sure if they are filming or not though.

83 Jill October 31, 2012 at 12:22 am

Marie, Where exactly were the signs? :)

84 Rose October 30, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Channing is staying at Springhill Suites in Latrobe acrossed from Latrobe Airport. I know he was here last week, but he is down in New Orleans now. I believe he will be coming back to continue filming sometime soon though

85 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 10:33 am

Rose,
Do you know for sure if he headed to New Orleans? If so, how? Just trying to figure
out where he is before I head up. Thanks for you help.

86 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 10:34 am

Rose, How do you know for sure he headed to New Orleans? Others say he is filming today.
Let me know and thank you for the information.

87 Christine October 30, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Cindy left this comment but for some reason it didn’t show up:

I can confirm hey r shooting by do s in mckeesport. They r shooting at my friends apartment. On walnut st.

88 Jill October 31, 2012 at 12:21 am

Christine….Being she’s your friend, do you have a date they are supposed to be there? Thanks much appreciated :)

89 Carolyn October 30, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Has anyone had any success meeting Channing Tatum or Steve Carell on set? I’ve seen some pictures floating around on the internet of girls with Channing, but they weren’t on set.

I’m hesitant to make the effort to drive to where they’re filming if there isn’t any hope.

90 betty October 31, 2012 at 12:31 am

They are setting up the trailers at the VFW WHITE OAK ON CAPITOL STREET….

91 Niki October 31, 2012 at 7:27 am

Betty – is that VFW in North Braddock?

92 Lindsay October 31, 2012 at 10:31 am

Dot’s was being prepped last night around 6pm, and there are cones/parking restriction signs in the surrounding areas that all say Fair Hill Project from 10/30 til 12:01am on 11/3 (I’m assuming this means they’ll finish there Friday night then?). I haven’t heard anything about Walnut St. I’ve also been told that the trailers are set up at the Legion.

I heard a rumor that he was going to be at Patty’s Pasticceria on Lincoln Way in White Oak at 4pm today (10/31) because someone I went to high school with is an EMT in the area and they posted this on twitter. I have no idea if this is actually true, because I don’t know why there would be a “scheduled appearance,” especially posted on twitter, nonetheless. But who knows, really. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated! I’m a local, as McKeesport is my hometown, so I’ll post anything else I hear.

93 Niki October 31, 2012 at 11:29 am

Official traffic restrictions from the Pittsburgh Film Office:

Traffic Advisory – McKeesport – October 31 – November 2
There will be intermittent traffic control from Wednesday, October 31 through Friday, November 2 (6:00AM – 8:00 PM) on 5th Avenue between Lincoln Way and Eden Park Blvd.

On Thursday, November 1 the following streets will have full closures:

•Fawcett Avenue from 5th Avenue to Dewees Street
•Delaware Alley from Lincoln Way to Summit Street
•Forest Avenue from Lincoln Way to Summit Street
•Leech Street from Fawcett Avenue to Lincoln Way
•Fayette Street from Bennett to Leech Street

94 Kevin October 31, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Foxcatcher is filming today (10-31-12) in Mckeesport on 5th Ave. Rt 148 by Bloom Cut Rate Store or the East End Grill

95 Christine October 31, 2012 at 1:45 pm

thanks guys for the updates! great info!

96 Christine October 31, 2012 at 1:47 pm

P.S. if you guys take any pics, let me know via email and I can add them to the site for you, thanks!

olv@onlocationvacations.com

or Twitter — @olv

97 Sharon October 31, 2012 at 1:51 pm

THANK YOU for all the info everyone. Still don’t know what day to head up there, not knowing
if Channing will be there or not. Sigh!!!! :)

98 alicia November 1, 2012 at 8:38 am

Sharon they are filming nov 1 (today) near dot’s family restuarant in mckeesport pa. 5th ave. only channing will be there. got this info from the news station locally

99 michaela November 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm

On my way there now almost there so frickin excites my friend said she just saw him and were so gonna get his autograph I freaking hope so

100 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm

That’s Great! Good Luck! Fill us in on how it goes. We want to see pics!!! :)

101 Carolyn October 31, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Any idea if they would be filming at night?

102 Lindsay November 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

The restrictions are only for 8am-6pm. I drove by last night and it looked kind of like they were packing up for the day around 7ish. There had been a crowd there earlier in the day, but they had dispersed by then. I haven’t heard whether anyone has seen him in the area yet, or if he’s been out anywhere.

103 vikki November 1, 2012 at 11:30 am

my daughter is over on Fawcett now. it has been said that only channing will be there today.my daughters friend has spotted him in the area and took some pics.no filming at night that I see.hope she gets to see him.

104 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 11:58 am

Thats great Vikki. Hope she gets a pic of him. If she does, post them on twitter. Would love
to see them. Are you on twitter?

105 vikki November 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

no Sharon,i’m not on twitter. she just called me, her and her bff just met him and Mark Ruffalo and got their picture taken with him. I am posting on my Facebook page, I will ask her to post if she has a twitter, i know she puts them on instgram or whatever thats called. she was so excited i couldnt understand a word she was saying.

106 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Great. Would love to see a pic. Did she say if she new where they were staying at? We live about 1hr or so away. We are trying to get up there in the evening because we work but
would have a better chance of getting a pic if we knew that. We don’t know the area that well, and hate to drive around looking for something we have no clue as to where it’s at.
Keep me posted and thanks for the info.

107 Candace November 1, 2012 at 3:56 pm

LOVING all of the updates!!! Thanks everyone for posting for us all to see! I am only about 35-40 minutes away from there and work as well and would love to go up in the evening sometime. Hoping to get a half day in the next couple weeks and find him then! But since I’m so close all info for the evenings would be much appreciated! :)

108 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Candace
Now I don’t feel alone :) Where are you from? I’m from Ohio. Just wondering because you said you were 35-40 min. away. :)

109 Candace November 1, 2012 at 4:13 pm

LoL! I am from Washington County… Work in the actual city of Washington so from here its about that long. Even from my house it would only add an extra 15 min if that. It kills me daily to know he is sooo close but I am not there and haven’t tried yet! LoL. I have to admit, I have gone to NYC once a year to see Donnie Wahlberg film Blue Bloods for the past 3 years and have had MAJOR success finding the location/studio and with the hottie Channing Tatum only minimum driving distance from me and I can’t seem to get there! Hahahaha

110 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 4:26 pm

You sound like me and my niece. She’s a Wahlberg follower, too funny. E-mail me.
Misty120_99@yahoo.com
We talk and talk but haven’t gotten there yet. We had the hotel he was staying at,
had the GPS programmed with the correct address. THEN, the night before, we talked ourselves out of it, is he there, did he leave, etc. etc. LOL

111 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Washington County in PA?

112 Candace November 1, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Yes! Shooting you an email now!

113 Niki November 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm
114 Carolyn November 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I had no idea that I had so much in common with everyone…I also love Donnie Wahlberg :). And it is killing me to know that Channing Tatum is so close to where I live and I haven’t seen him.

I also work during the day and would only be able to get over there in the evenings. I live outside of Pittsburgh, so it would be over an hour. The drive would be well worth it if I knew where he would be at!

I’m excited to hear that someone did meet him and would love to hear any more information about night filmiing/where he’s staying!

115 Sharon November 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm

LOL its’ crazy, isn’t it? How 1 man has so much control over the laides.
My husband says I’m a stalker, LOL. Get over it I told him, go on a fishing trip, LOL
We are about 45-50 min from Pitt. Headed there on Wed. due or die.
If we find out he’s around on Sat., we are going Sun. NO MATTER WHAT.
We are tired of talking ourselves out of it. LOL

116 lizzy November 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Are there alot of girls hanging around set? Or is it just a smaller group does anyone know?

117 Patricia November 1, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Cyf

118 vikki November 2, 2012 at 8:18 am

my daughter and her friends were at the filming set from 10am to 10pm yesterday and at times there were 50 to 100 people and then there were times when there wasn’t and thats when he came out and talked to my daughter and her friend and they got a picture with Channing and Mark.she said Channing walked over to them and he was so nice and sweet.now this is coming from 2 14yr olds lol….

119 Krystal November 4, 2012 at 12:38 pm

There have been different size groups everyday

120 Carolyn November 1, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Sharon,

I’ve talked myself out of this so many times…my friend and I just need to do it, like you said. If I hear word that they were around on a weekend, I would be down there in a heartbeat. It’s a shame how work is getting in the way of me meeting Channing!

121 Sharon November 2, 2012 at 8:13 am

I know, it almost makes you wanna quit your job LOL. We are gonna go after work, that’s the best we can do, that’s why we are trying to find the hotel he will be staying at next week. If you get word, let us know. Do you work all day shift?

122 Sharyn November 1, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Sharon,
Just go for it…….YOLO!

123 Sharon November 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

LOL We are next week. We are trying to find out where they will be filming at on Mon. Tues. or Wed. THEN WE ARE ON IT. No more talking ourselves out of it. If you hear anything, let me know. I believe he will be in New Orleans for his Grand Opening this weekend.

124 Charlotte November 1, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I went to McKeesport today to see him around 2ish. I drove an hour and a half to get there and when were first arrived no one was around. After about 20 mins of talking to security they made us walk to the other side of the street. We waited there for about 15 mins and he pulled right up. The walked him across the street and I got my picture taken with him and Mark Rufflo! It was sooooo awesome!!!! Definitely worth going and be nice to security. Ask yes or no question, haha. They might help you out ;)

125 taylor November 1, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Hi Charlotte,

That’s awesome! Were there a lot of people waiting around at set to meet Channing? I know whenever I met Taylor Lautner when he was in town there were so many people, and he would only come out when there were only a couple fans.

Thanks,
Taylor

126 Niki November 1, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Hi –
I also met Taylor Lautner when he was in town filming Abduction. It didn’t matter if the crowd was big, he would come out to sign autographs whenever his schedule allowed. When he was filming in Mt. Lebanon, he greeted fans every Friday (4 in a row, I think),and other days too, when he could. Also, in Sutersville, he came out to to visit with a huge crowd of fans, over 600. It depends on the filming schedule. Or…maybe they prefer meeting fans off set, like they have mostly been doing for Foxcatcher. At restaurants, stores, etc.

127 Charlotte November 1, 2012 at 10:13 pm

There were only about 10 or 15 of us that happened to be there at that moment so maybe that’s why he came to take pictures with us. I’m not sure. It was awesome though :)

128 vikki November 2, 2012 at 8:29 am

Charlotte, that is awesome, my daughter and her friend who only lived at the top of the hill next to Dot’s where there yesterday from 10am till 10pm. he walked over to them and they talked to him and got a picture, i am guessing around 230ish or 3. she said he came out when there was less people around. she said it was way better during the day because all the kids were still in school.larger crouds at night but they did see him all evening.the apt. building they were fiming in, my daughters friend and his family lived there and she stayed there before so she was pretty excited.

129 Christine November 1, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Someone on Twitter said they were done at that location even though permits went through tomorrow, anyone know for sure?

130 Niki November 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Maybe they just meant wrapping for the day? The info from the Pittsburgh film office should be accurate.

131 SteelerGirl2 November 1, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Where on Twitter did you find this information?

132 Niki November 2, 2012 at 9:21 am

The Pittsburgh Film Office just posted this on twitter: (@PghFilmOffice)
On Thursday, November 1 the following streets will have full closures:

•Fawcett Avenue from 5th Avenue to Dewees Street
•Delaware Alley from Lincoln Way to Summit Street
•Forest Avenue from Lincoln Way to Summit Street
•Leech Street from Fawcett Avenue to Lincoln Way
•Fayette Street from Bennett to Leech Street

Link below:

133 Lindsay November 2, 2012 at 9:41 am

went by set this morning, nothing going on. crew wasn’t even there. they filmed later last night, so i wasn’t sure if they possibly wrapped at that location last night. it might be worth it for someone to drive by again though.

134 vikki November 2, 2012 at 10:34 am

when my daughter was there last night at 10ish, she said they were taking down lights and stuff, like they were getting ready to move or something.although they were suposed to be there Wed,Thurs,Fri.

135 Jill November 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

So if he does head to New Orleans for his bar’s grand opening this weekend…we need to keep in touch for next week!! (or if anyone sees anything over the weekend) We are driving up and only have a day’s worth of trying :) thanks so much with all of the sighting updates…very informative!

136 Christine November 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Thanks for all of the updates today!

I have a bunch of pics I am going to post in a bit, if you have some to add let me know at olv@onlocationvacations.com

I saw this today, http://www.examiner.com/article/channing-tatum-and-jenna-dewan-s-new-bar-to-have-grand-opening (re opening in NOLA) but they already had their big party/opening lat month so I’m not sure if he would go back again, maybe…I think Jenna is till in Wilmington so maybe he will go there too/instead…

Anyway, if anyone has updates let us know! thanks!

137 Trudy November 2, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Anyone know where they are filming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week November 5-7?

138 Taylor November 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Evans city and connquinessing

139 Trudy November 2, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Anyone know where they are filming next week? November 5-9?

140 Niki November 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I think it’s a night shoot tonight. Mark just said he had to work (on Twitter ).

141 Kelly November 3, 2012 at 4:02 am

Updates please,my friend was in McKeesport today and got a picture with him does anyone know where he is heading next?

142 Christine November 3, 2012 at 10:35 pm
143 Niki November 4, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Channing was spotted in a Mad Mex restaurant in Shadyside tonight. I feel like that means he will be filming in or near Shadyside this week.
Also, another movie was filming in Pittsburgh today, called American Pastoral, starring Mandy Patinkin. Posted updates and pics on my twitter: @nikimarier

144 Sharon November 5, 2012 at 8:06 am

Niki,
Keep me posted if you hear where they are filming at this week. Headed that way Wed.
Thanks

145 Sharon November 5, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Niki,
Have you heard anything else today as to where they are filming? I will be up there tomorrow
around 2-3pm and didn’t want to be running all over the place.
Thanks

146 Niki November 5, 2012 at 7:43 am

Hearing that the general consensus is Ligonier for today & Tues. If you’re in Ligonier, look for them at Ligonier Construction Co on Rt 30( I think)….

147 Jessica November 5, 2012 at 8:00 am

I work in Oakland and there is a crew parking sign right by the hospitals…haven’t seen anything yet, but I’m guessing it’s for this film. I hope to check it out during my lunch break today!

148 Sharon November 5, 2012 at 8:06 am

Jessica,
Keep me posted if you get a chance to check that out today. I heard there is another movie
being filmed in Pgh as well.
Headed that way Wed. Need all the info I can get :)
Thanks

149 Jessica November 5, 2012 at 2:03 pm

So the crew was already cleaning up around 1pm today in Oakland. I think they must have just been shooting interior shots to set the scene, etc. because the trucks weren’t even the typical Haddad’s trucks they usually have. Oh well!

150 ruotingli November 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm

hi jessica, im a student of pitt.

do you know where they gonna shoot?

151 Natalie November 5, 2012 at 9:08 am

My friend’s roommate met him last night in the Shadyside/east liberty target! It’s honestly all about luck and coincidence. I’m hoping before he leaves I am able to run into him. does anyone know where he is filming for this week?

152 Steve Vivona November 5, 2012 at 11:04 am

Are they shooting interiors at 31st Street Studios when location shooting is done?

153 Niki November 5, 2012 at 11:18 am

New casting post for Foxcatcher posted on Pgh Film Office site:
MAJOR MOTION PICTURE SEEKING TALENT
Major motion picture seeking men with the knowledge of camera equipment to act as part of a documentary crew in the movie. Please send us a picture, brief experience, and contact information to wrestlingextras@gmail.com.

154 Catching the Fox November 5, 2012 at 1:55 pm

There are people that have been running around looking for the sets, spending up to 12 hours a day standing in the rain…and the cold waiting for a chance…. it takes time and dedication, and when it comes down to it…. luck

The stars are WORKING…. sometimes they have to stay in character and distractions are not good for them. Schedules can be tight.

Just think about it as if you were at work, when is the best time for you to see people? Beginning of the day….lunch….and at the end of the day.

I’ve seen posts and tweets saying how mad they are that they didn’t get to see him… there just isn’t time to accommodate everyone during a busy schedule…. if you had to work 12 to 18 hours a day would you want to be chased around during your cool-down and relaxation time?

Patients is your best friend.

155 Fox November 5, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Awesome, thank you.

156 Nicole November 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Sounds like you need to worry about you and not what people are saying on here. Please, if you can’t contribute, or say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
From one friend to another!

157 Niki November 5, 2012 at 2:03 pm
158 Jill November 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm

“Patience” is golden…but you never know how much time ya got?! Ya never know when they’ll be back..

159 Sharon November 5, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Couldn’t have said it better! :)

160 Niki November 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm

You can use a spoon to dig a ditch, or you can use a shovel. Tracking celebs goes more smoothly if you use the right tools. Patience is one, technology is another. Technology includes cell phones, GPS, this website, Facebook, & Twitter. If you’re not familiar with everything that twitter can do (including mobile notifications-big one), you should put an hour aside to figure it out. Also, regarding patience- when I was checking out Abduction, I knew the base camp site, but didn’t see Taylor until the 4th time I went there. Sometimes luck plays a part too.
& Remember to be respectful of security & their requests.

161 Sharon November 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Niki,
I am using my daughters cell phone. She does have “mobile notifications” Not sure what it is
but she is going to show me tonight.
Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

162 Lisa P. November 12, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Hi Niki. Do you know where they are filming tomorrow Tuesday Nov 13th? Thank you. You seem to have the best inside scoop!!!

163 Niki November 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Hey Lisa,
I dont’ really have an inside scoop. :) I just wanted to share some tips that helped me when I was following Abduction, when it was filming in Pittsburgh. I like to search online and on twitter sometimes. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t.

164 tammy November 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Heard they were filming on rt 68 in between Evans City and Butler Today… They a bunch of travel trailers on Rt 68 before the Connoqunessing school… Might have to check it out in a bit

165 Patrick Nelson November 5, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I read how you need young wrestlers 12-65 I happen to be an x wrestler that Is 15 years of age 5’8″ with 4 years of experience I am from ligonier PA

166 Niki November 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Hey Patrick- Send your info here:

167 Sharon November 6, 2012 at 7:55 am

Good Morning,
Anyone know where they are filming Foxcatcher today? Will be in the area around 2pm.
Any info would be GREAT! :)

168 Sharon November 6, 2012 at 11:54 am

Just spoke to Mad Max Management, he was in the resteraunt on Thurs. and Fri. night but don’t know if he is still in the area. Anyone here of anything today?

169 Lisa P. November 7, 2012 at 12:18 am

Hi. Does anyone know where they are filming Wednesday, November 7th? I’m only in Pittsburgh for one day and would love to check it out. I’ve heard rumors of McKeesport, West Mifflin, Shadyside, and Ligonier. Thanks!

170 vikki November 7, 2012 at 9:33 am

the film trucks are set up at the old West Mifflin middle school on camp hollow rd. but talking to the convienence store clerk thats next door its pretty secluded, they get in and out quick.good luck!

171 april November 7, 2012 at 9:08 am

Yesterday was ligonier but it is at a very private and secluded location…you cant get
anywhere near the location…dont waste ur time…

172 Abbie November 9, 2012 at 12:21 am

Does anyone know where he’ll be filming the weekend of November 16-18?

173 Lisa P. November 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Anyone know where they are filming tomorrow (Tuesday November 13th)? thanx!

174 Natalie November 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Hi! They are filming in Evans city. But not sure where. The transportation guy talked to me for a while and told me.

175 tammy November 13, 2012 at 3:15 pm

there is travel trailers on rt 68 before the Connoquenessing school… Daughter heard they were here

176 Christine November 12, 2012 at 8:43 pm

got a tip about 2 hrs ago — Foxcatcher is filming on route 68 between Evans City and Butler in PA

177 Lisa P. November 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Thanx Natalie and Christine!! Does anyone know if there is a place we can go and watch/wait on route 68? I’m hoping they’ll be there all week. I want to stop by tomorrow or wednesday. Thanx

178 CJ November 13, 2012 at 10:07 am

There is nowhere to watch on 68. I just drove by a little bit ago.

179 Lisa P. November 13, 2012 at 11:28 am

Thanx! Hmmmmm, I wonder if people will gather on the side of the road there. Do you see where Base Camp is or where the Base Camp signs are? Maybe we could wait there? I wonder how late they will film tonight.

180 Christine November 13, 2012 at 11:43 am

not sure how much you can watch but I will at least try to verify whether or not they are still there today…

181 Christine November 13, 2012 at 11:44 am

nevermind, just saw the other comment! :)

182 Abbie November 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Do you know where they will be filming this weekend? The 16-18? I’ll be in Pittsburgh!

183 Niki November 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Abbie-
They usually don’t film on the weekends, but you might want to do some shopping in Shadyside this weekend. Lots of people have ran into Channing there: Walnut st., Mad Mex, & Target nearby.

184 Abbie November 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Thank you! I’ll be in station square all weekend but I’ll be able to go all around the city.. But if you hear anything about station square please let me know :)

185 Abbie November 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Thank you! I’ll be in station square all weekend but I’ll be able to go all around the city.. But if you hear anything about station square or very close by please let me know :)

186 krystak=l November 13, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Where at on rt 68 are they fliming at? What are they by? Thanks alot
Krystal

187 tammy November 13, 2012 at 4:23 pm

their trailers are set up on rt 68 at the light at the corner of reibold rd and rt 68. Theres a sign there for tj”s hideaway, and camp redwing girlscout camp

188 AJ11 November 13, 2012 at 2:22 pm

The set they are filming at today is not right on Rt. 68. It is off a side road and back a secluded private lane. The filming crew trucks are all converged at a parking lot on Rt. 68 a few miles north east of Evans City. The set is at a private home and business, so no real chance of seeing anything or getting close.

189 tammy November 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm

yea they are on Harmony Road, connoqunessing pa, theyre right before the vicnor farms.. there are signs for crew parking and signs that say to the set.

190 Tammm November 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Where are they tonight/ tomorrow evening and the rest of the week?!

191 Jon November 13, 2012 at 5:56 pm

They are in the Evans City area for a few days. Filming is taking place just 2 houses up the street from mine. I can tell you there was a ton of gunfire around 1030 am today.

192 amber November 13, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I am from butler. I live in meridian. Where are they filming? Is it the road that tjs hideaway is on?

193 seb November 14, 2012 at 9:38 am

I used to live in the house they are shooting at! kind of a cool little thing fact :)

194 AJ11 November 13, 2012 at 11:30 pm

No, Amber. That is just where they are parking some of the trucks and auxiliary vehicles. They are filming at VicNor Farm on Harmony Street, but in a secluded private area of the farm. They have security everywhere, and you can’t see the set from anywhere really.

Jon, the gunfire was from a gun-range scene they were shooting today.

195 Tammm November 14, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Anybody know where they are tonight??? I seen the set last night, it’s true it was on harmony road except me and my friends snuck up the driveway looking for a place to turn around and ran right into the actual house/set their filming at. Nobody stopped us or anything but that’s because we didn’t go the whole way up, we did a five point turn and left. But there were giant lights and tents and cameras and we probably within feet of channing tatum. Thanks for the tips on here!!

196 Niki November 14, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Base camp location per Kaylee & Meg on twitter: Connoquenessing United Methodist church, 206 Main St, Connoquenessing, PA

197 Nick November 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Their filming in two weeks in Fayette County!Let you know when I know more.

198 Rachel November 14, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I am at Slippery Rock University and heard that he was at Panera Bread in Butler Today!!!!!!! If anyone knows where he will be tomorrow/this weekend please let me know!

199 Christine November 16, 2012 at 10:06 am
200 Christine November 17, 2012 at 12:35 am
201 Christine November 19, 2012 at 9:56 am

Thought this was here but I don'[t see it, Jenna left a comment on another post saying:

“Hi guys! My neighbor who works on movie sets just told my mum that they’re filming Monday and Tuesday at the Omni downtown and basecamp is at 21st and railroad st”

FYI

202 Niki November 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Traffic update from Port authority: Oliver at William Penn Pl stop for P12, P16, P67 closed today & tomorrow due to filming. Temporary alternate stop at Oliver at Smithfield.

203 Niki November 19, 2012 at 5:02 pm

More info from the Port authority website: Closure Of Oliver Avenue From Smithfield Street to Grant Street – Feature Film Production Work – “Fa
Effective: 11/19/2012 to 11/20/2012

Daily

Effective Monday & Tuesday, November 19 & 20, 2012, All Days, Both Days

The City of Pittsburgh has provided multiple permits to Fair Hill, LLC to restrict or close variou streets and properties in the City of Pittsburgh to perform production work on an upcoming feature film production called Fair Hill Project” on Monday & Tuesday, November 19 & 20, 2012. One of the permits allows for the closure of Oliver Avenue, between Smithfield & Grant Streets for feature film work. The street was not planned to be closed (and is not officially), but placement of large support vehicles (panel trucks and other equipment) has made the arrow too narrow for buses to navigate. Thus, Oliver Avenue for buses between the intersecting streets noted will be “closed” Monday & Tuesday, November 19 & 20, 2012, all day, both days.

204 Christine November 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm

thanks Nikki I just mapped it – it is def. for filming at the Omni thanks for the update!!

205 Carolyn November 20, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I just walked to the hotel for my lunch break. There are definitely tons of filming trucks there, and they seem to be working on constructing a party scene, or so the valets told me. The valets said that they didn’t see Channing today, but that he was filming yesterday morning.

Also, the road closures are through Thursday.

206 Niki November 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm
207 ruotingli November 20, 2012 at 7:13 pm

im here today and i didnt see them

208 Ringa November 20, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Hung out at the Omni for a while today and watched but didn’t see anything exciting. Just lots of crew people and trucks. Lots of PAs and security and people moving equipment. It’s a bad location to catch people since they’re filming inside. And there are so many doors close to the street, it’ll be easy for people to just rush out and into a car. Not the best bet for catching anyone!

209 Niki November 21, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Two casting calls from Pittsburgh film office:
1) Casting call for men – Foxcatcher
2) Casting call for men, women, kids in TV series starting very soon called “Those Who Kill”

Info here: http://pghfilm.org/hotline.jsp?pageId=2161392240601287511677038

210 Christine November 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Thanks Niki!

I wanted to let you guys we started a forum (again) there is a tab at the top of the page if you guys want to start a Foxcatcher board, it might be easier and you can upload pic and vids there yourselves, we just added it yesterday so you guys would be the first to use it but we tested it like crazy so I am sure it will work well….

211 Patricia Withers November 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

Is there a forum with this topic? I clicked on the Forum tab at the top but don’t see anything about Channing….?
Anyone know where they are filming this week? Still downtown?

212 Margaret November 24, 2012 at 11:57 am

Does anybody know where he is right now and where he will be this week?!

213 Jill November 25, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Thanks

214 Natalie November 25, 2012 at 6:11 pm

hi! I was just wondering if anyone knew where they are filming for this week? (11/26–12/2)

215 Bria Davis November 26, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Does anyone know if they are still holding casting calls? If so please let me know

216 Niki November 28, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Casting call for men Dec. 1st – found the link on Craigslist. I’m sure it’s the same one listed on the Pittsburgh Film Office site:

217 Christine November 27, 2012 at 11:52 am

oops sorry I can create a tab for the forum, that might be helpful :)

Surprised no new info this week.. I just checked Pittsburgh film office, no new street closures either…

218 Natalie November 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm

They are at west mifflin middle school til Wednesday I believe. But not sure where they are going after.

219 Niki November 27, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Natalie for the info!

220 Niki November 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Side note to anyone reading this thread: I know that most people contributing on here are cool, but some people like to withhold information, because of their theory that the actors won’t come out if there’s a big crowd. I think that’s incredibly catty and immature, especially if you’ve already been able to meet one of them yourself. Let other people get a chance…and not just your friends and family. Pass it forward.

221 Debbie November 28, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Agree 100% Thanks for posting this!

222 molly. November 28, 2012 at 2:23 am

I’ve heard that they’re filming in the Convocation Center at California University of PA this weekend (12/1-12/2) but be warned, the campus police LOVE to ticket people who don’t have university issued parking passes.

223 debbie November 28, 2012 at 8:18 am

hey – any info where they are filming tomorrow & Friday???

224 Nick November 28, 2012 at 11:45 am

Yes were I work but its closed to the public.

225 Debbie November 28, 2012 at 12:14 pm

That’s great. Good for you. But where is it?? Come on Nick – tis the season

226 Natalie November 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Yeah nick could you email me where you work if u don’t want everyone to see? Lol solittletime89@comcast.net. I only went to the set one time because I am very busy and don’t have time be to be wasting…and tomorrow my friend and I are planning to go to cal u. It’s pretty far from my house so I would like to know ahead of time before I waste my time and gas. I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you!

227 buffy November 29, 2012 at 11:48 am

I am a student at Cal u and i heard he was filming here saturday and sunday

228 Nick November 29, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I heard they are breaking for the weekend!

229 Niki December 3, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Those Who Kill is filming at the Carrie Furnace in Rankin/Braddock, PA. Signs leading to the set say “PL”. James Morrison (from 24 w/ Keifer Sutherland), and Kerry O’Malley (various TV, Broadway roles) recently were added to the cast. Deadline article:

230 Patricia January 12, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Who? Channing? Thought they wrapped up?

231 Jake December 4, 2012 at 9:46 am

Any One know where they r filming tonight or tomorrow?

232 Christine December 4, 2012 at 11:47 am
233 Niki December 6, 2012 at 4:48 pm

This weekend they will definitely be filming Foxcatcher in the locker rooms at the Fitzgerald Field House at the Univ. of Pittsburgh. I saw some rumors on twitter and confirmed it with a friend who works at Pitt.

Also-today “Those Who Kill” is/was filming at an apmt bldg. in Grandview on Mt. Washington (Pittsburgh).

234 Christine December 6, 2012 at 10:13 pm

thank you so much Niki always appreciate it!

235 Chris December 7, 2012 at 4:44 pm
236 Chris December 7, 2012 at 4:46 pm

They’ll be filming in Washington, PA on Tuesday. It was in their local paper announcing the road closure.

237 Christine December 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm

thanks Chris!

238 Chris December 7, 2012 at 5:03 pm

No problem. This is a one way street. Citizens Library is right across the street from Washington and Jefferson College’s Old Main Building. College Street is one block from Main Street. It’s probably best to park downtown or in the parking garage and walk down. The parking garage is on Franklin Street (2 blocks away).

239 Nick December 10, 2012 at 4:08 pm

They left Linden Hall Early friday morning and were going to washington pa .,pitt field ,and then cal u . They’re looking for 600 people to fill the gym.Got to wait on Channig, Mark , Steve, and Vannessa.They all were very nice from the drivers ,crew,producers and the actors!Thanks for last 9 days of work.

240 Niki December 12, 2012 at 11:38 am

They’re def. at Peterson events center now. Posted some pics on twitter:

241 Niki December 12, 2012 at 11:45 am

The Peterson Events center is at 3710 Terrace Street in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh. It belongs to the University of Pittsburgh. Most (if not all) of the big MMA tournament/wrestling scenes (with Tom Hardy & Nick Nolte) were shot here too! That was a great movie. Nick Nolte got an Oscar nom for Best Supporting actor.

Info on Warrior: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291584/

242 Niki December 12, 2012 at 11:46 am

Sorry. :( That is 3719 Terrace street.

243 Jessica December 12, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Saw Channing Tatum at the Pete around 1:30pm!! We even shared a few words!! He said Pittsburgh “is great!!” when I asked :)

244 Niki December 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Just posted some more pics on twitter (@NikiMarier) . It looks like they are setting up for the 1988 Seoul Olympics at the Peterson Events center.

245 Christine December 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm

thanks guys for the update!

246 Christine December 13, 2012 at 2:02 pm

So I thought this was cool and I know Niki will appreciate this – this post is our third most visited post of 2012~

247 Krystal December 15, 2012 at 8:57 pm

What days are they actually filming at Cal U?

248 SteelerGirl2 December 17, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Hello. Heard there was filming at least until the 23rd, but down at Cal U. Anyone know if there will be a break for the holiday and when filming will resume?

249 Christine December 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Niki heard they are at the Pete 17,18, and and then it looks like they will be at Cal U on Thurs Fri

250 Niki December 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I don’t see the trucks outside the Peterson. Maybe I’ll try to take a closer look later. Also,…on a possibly related note… the National Aviary in Pittsburgh is closing early, at 3 p.m. today for a “private function”…
John du Pont really liked birds…so maybe…. Well, I just think that everything is a movie filming around Pittsburgh! LOL
Also, the TV series, Those Who Kill is filming in Bellvue.

251 Brittni December 18, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Hey I heard they are filming at the Petersen Events Center again tomorrow the 19th… Does anyone know what times?

252 Nick December 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm

They filmed at Washington High School in Wash., PA on M-W of this week. Today and tomorrow, Dec. 20 and 21, they are filming at Cal U.

253 Brittni December 20, 2012 at 6:57 pm

You wouldn’t happen to know around what times?

254 Niki January 2, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Casting notice for Foxcatcher: they want to hire a real paramedic to film scenes Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Email contact info to wrestlingextras@gmail.com. Info on Pittsburgh Film Office site:

255 Christine January 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm

thanks Niki! I was trying to figure out if they were filming again this week, guess so!

256 SteelerGirl2 January 8, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Hello, Anyone know where in Monroeville they are filming this Saturday? Thanks.

257 MKA January 9, 2013 at 11:11 pm

If you find out anything about any filming for Saturday that involves Channing please let me know & I will do the same for you.

258 lmf January 9, 2013 at 11:50 am

Does anybody know if it is true that all of the major stars are done filming in Pittsburgh on Foxcatcher ?

259 Niki January 9, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I think most people are assuming (including me) that the major stars are done filming in Pittsburgh because of the wrap party. Foxcatcher will be filming in Monroeville on Saturday. I think that I originally heard that they would be done filming at some point in January. Here is a link to the 96.1 KISS FM page about the wrap party (with pics):

260 MKA January 9, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Hi, does anyone know if Channing is still filming till this weekend? My friend is obsessed with him & is going to drive 6 hours up to Pittsburgh to try to see him. Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

261 marie January 10, 2013 at 10:41 am

I saw some things being set up at the same place they were before in mckeesport, not sure if they are just getting extra shots or what but they have all their wires and stuff back out near Dots restaurant.

262 Jenny January 12, 2013 at 1:40 am

Does anyone know if Channing is having a premiere in NYC next month for his upcoming movie. ?

263 Jenny January 12, 2013 at 1:50 am

Does anyone know if channing will be having a premiere in NYC next month for his movie side effects

264 Chris January 12, 2013 at 7:25 pm

He is filming at the Monroeville Convention center today-tonight

265 TKA January 12, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Thank you so much! :)

266 jenny January 14, 2013 at 8:04 am

Is he done filming? Does anyone know if he will be3 having a premiere in NYC for his movie Side Effects ?