‘Catching Fire’ begins filming in Atlanta in September, Extras Needed

by Christine on August 6, 2012 · 55 comments

in Atlanta, Casting Calls, News

This morning, during an appearance on CBS This Morning, Woody Harrelson confirmed the sequel to The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, will begin filming next month in Atlanta.

During the interview he noted, “The part I’m not in is going to be shot in Hawaii, which happens to be where I live. It’s one of life’s ironies.”

As for the Hawaii shoot, according to Tim Ryan’s Reel Hawaii, “after scouting Kauai, Maui, Hawaii island, and Oahu, executives for Hunger Games: Catching Fire selected Oahu as a location for four to five weeks of filming beginning as early as November.”

With filming gearing up to start in a matter of weeks, a local Atlanta casting agency has started looking for extras.

Below is a recent casting call for The Idiom which seems to be the working title for Catching Fire.

Catrett Locke Casting
THE IDIOM
Currently Seeking

African American Children 12 and younger Light-medium skin tone very thin. Need to have the ability to cry. Want to see distress in their eyes. Would love to see their crying ability on tape.
Subject “CRYING CHILDREN”

African American female darker skinned very thin age 60-80. Needs to have a hunched back or the ability to lose like that for an extended amount of time. Also need to have the ability to cry. See the pain in their eyes. Would love to see a video of them crying.
Subject “CRYING GRANDMOTHER”

African American female darker skinned tall and muscular age 16-15. Again the ability to cry. Would love to see them cry on video.
Subject “CRYING MUSCLE”

The extremely skinny any ethnicity and gender. Please submit 3 pics that shows your thin body frame and women no make-up please. We need to sell starvation and poverty.
Subject “THE SKINNY”

Caucasian women with weathered faces. These are hard-working women that have been through alot. This is where your no make-up is going to sell it. No photo shop show us the real you. We need the character faces to bring the scene to life.
Subject “WEATHERED”

Caucasian men and women that are skinny that have irregular teeth. You need to a a thin stature as well. Please send a picture of your smile for us. No make-up. This goes with the starvation and poverty.
Subject “TEETH”

Seeking Caucasian men and women that have some grip/lighting/rigging experience
Subject “TECH”

Seeking those with some Hair and Make-up experience.
Subject “PREP”

Caucasian Men and women with very thin frames with acting experience/ Please attach pics that show your thin frame as well as your acting resume.
Subject “YELL”

Seeking Children 1-17 very thin frames for the older ones more so. This goes hand and hand with starvation and poverty.
Subject “Children”

If you fit the descriptions listed above then please e-mail Idiomavailcheck@gmail.com please include 3 pics (head and body) age, ht, wt, and all contact info. Please list any additional info that was listed with the role you are submitting for. Please put appropriate listing in the subject box. Attach Videos and resumes as well.

If you have any scoop about Catching Fire filming in Atlanta, let us know at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

kiana August 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

if someone could please tell me if i am suppose to put an audition video on youtube (for an extra) and what should i put in it

olivia August 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm

you email idiomavail@gmail.com some pictures of u and ur body

Devan Ellis September 4, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Interested in getting casted in hunger games as extra or small role email me back and i can send photos

Nadar santos August 13, 2012 at 4:37 pm

i live in ontario canada and it would be literally a dream come true to even be an extra in this movie obviously i will go the distance if required plz email me more info

Kaitlyn :) August 14, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Can I have the exact location in where it’s filming in Atlanta? I know it’s in Henry County, but is it in a park? If so which one? Please Answer! My friend and I are trying to go there and see the actors/actresses… and possibly be extras! Thanks for anyone who answers this!

Kalina September 5, 2012 at 6:18 am

They are supposed to be filming at the Georgia World Congress center, and a few other places which I don’t know, but if your going to be an extra you need to send in an email, and FAST too, because I know they’re about to start filming, and from the sounds of things if you wait any longer your not going to get in.
May the odds be ever in your favor!

maggie October 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Well I play soccer and today (October 13th) we played at the Howard School which is right across from the Goat Farm Arts Center which is on Foster Street in Atlanta which is where they are filming currently (me and my friends flipped out when we drove up and saw policemen then the set which was legitimately 10 feet from our field)

Kidron Bullock August 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I live in Clarke County and I have been obsessing over hunger games ever since book one! It would be a dream come true to be a part of this phenominal experience!!

Sara Reese August 18, 2012 at 9:37 am

ME TOO KIDRON!

Zoe Brewster August 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Same here!!

Kidron Bullock August 14, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I would also appriciate if someone would inform mr of the exact location in Atlanta…!

Jasmine velez August 17, 2012 at 6:03 am

I’m kind of confused. 50% of people are saying that extras are casting in wilmington, NC and 50% are saying its in Atlanta. I’d love to be an extra but the only way is if it’s in Atlanta. Wilmington is too far away.

Kaitlyn :) August 19, 2012 at 3:31 pm

its definetly in Atlanta, except I can’t figure out where, it seems to be very secretive :(

Ivey August 25, 2012 at 12:05 am

Because the movie is being filmed in 3 locations. North Carolina, Hawaii, and Georgia. So they need extras in all 3 states.

Brayden B August 19, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Wait why do all of them need to be skinny. There must be one district with medium+ figure

olivia August 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm

cuz u need to look starving

Sage August 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I live in Atlanta and I can only wish them luck finding skinny people here. “The Walking Dead” has already using what few we had…

Abbi T August 21, 2012 at 8:33 pm

How can I sign up? Like send a picture to that email an they will send back, then I just go? And go strt filmiing?!

Lizzie August 21, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Do I just send my picture, resume, and headshots??? Then do I get to be in the movie??? Could someone please respond cause I’ve found about 5 websites with a lot of different info.

Lori October 21, 2012 at 6:09 pm

You submit your pictures, and resume. If you fit the part they are looking to fill, then they will contact you will call time and location. Once you get the location, please do NOT post about it, as they do not want to have super fans showing up and delaying the filming. They need professional actors and extras ONLY, please do not submit if you are just a fan trying to meet famous people.

Eden Semel- Important, Please Read August 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Hi! I was interested in being an extra in catching fire, so I sent you and email with all my information, but the email wont send because it is saying your email inbox is full. when you have time can you please get back to me? eden.semel4@gmail.com
Thank you!

Andrew B August 25, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Damn it, When I was first told about this, I was hoping I would have at least a solid month of starving myself before they needed the extras.

Tainique Taylor August 27, 2012 at 11:48 am

i sent an email to the email address idomavailcheck@gmail.com, but the email won’t go thru for catching fire extras
is it too late to send in pictures?

Kalina September 5, 2012 at 6:20 am

Send it to
Idiom@CLCastingco.com
They changed their email- Although this is a late reply you might already know that o_o

Christine August 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

Here is the place doing extras:

Zoe Brewster August 29, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I’d love to be apart of this but my body frame isn’t small enough with what their looking for! >.<

Consepcion August 31, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I live in near Atlanta! How can I join?

Madison roden September 4, 2012 at 7:51 pm

When and where do u send the pics

Amanda D September 5, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Catching Fire stars were spotted this afternoon in Dawsonville, GA

Aryn September 6, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I WOULD LOVE TOO!! ^_^

Aryn September 6, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Email Is {arynmamizuka@ymail.com}

anne lawson September 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I live near GA and I’m really excited, but exactly when and where is it going to be. PLEASE REPLY

Kalina September 7, 2012 at 5:08 pm

They don’t release the official filming date and location. They don’t want people around set, not only is it a distraction (I just realized how Finnick Odair that sounded), but there are people with bad intentions, unlike you and I, and the fandooommm :D

anne lawson September 8, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Also is it to late submit the things you need to get the parts

anne lawson September 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Also is it to late to send in a subscription for a part

Kristin B September 10, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I tried last month and again today and both time our e-mails did not go through. I even cut and pasted the e-mail address in case I misread the first letter~ is it an l or and I? Did anyone else have any problems?

olivia g September 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm

i had problems sending the email. when did the casting close was i too late? :(

Lauren September 11, 2012 at 11:05 pm

IS IT TOO LATE TO SUBMIT MY EMAIL TO THEM?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please reply Ive been trying to start acting for YEARS!! I know i sound desperate but this is big!!!!!!!!

Kalina September 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Send your email too Idiom@CLCastingCo.com
I understand where your coming from, I’ve been trying to start acting myself…Haha.
Check their website too to see what they need at the moment: http://clcasting.blogspot.com/

anne lawson September 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I feel the same way Laurent this is big for me to and I wanted to but my mom wouldn’t let me. But someone pppppppplllllllleeeeeaaaaasssseee answer the question

Amanda Scott September 15, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Hi, my name is Amanda Scott and I’m thirteen (13) years old, and I’m a big fan of the Hunger Games Series. My friend got me into them before the movie came out, and I’m so grateful she did! I live in San Diego, California and I’ve been acting since I was seven (7) years old. I use to be in musical theatre but my passion is acting in film. I would be forever grateful to get a chance to be apart of the second Hunger Games series Catching Fire.
Age:13
Height: 5’2
Gender: Female
Blonde Hair
Green Eyes with a quarter of my left eye Brown
Amanda Scott

Lizzie September 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

Hi, my name is Lizzie. I’ve been trying to get into a movie for years, and I’ve tried sending emails. Could anybody help me?

Sindy Sosa September 16, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Ever sinces I was 4 I allways whanted to be an actdress, and now that i found this website Explore Talent i thouht i might go carzy. Why? You my ask. Well sinces my dream sinces i was four my to become an actdress might come ture, my dream to be an a move, to one day hould the golden popcorn award in my hands, and to have fans calling out my name. And i think that this one website might be the key to my future as an actdress makes me so happy that there are no words to explan me happyniss right now. So if any roles came up soon ples let me now or call 320 492 5907. I live in South Dakota right now but i would go anytime to L.A to make my dream come ture. So thank you Explore Talent for giveing me the canges to have my one dream come ture. Because I have talent and I am ready to sock the world with it, it is time to let the shy girl behind and let my talent shine.

Allison Travis September 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I heard you were looking for a female “military type” for casting in this current “Catching Fire” Hunger Games movie.

I served during the Iraqi War from 2004-2006 with the U.S. Navy Nurse Corps and was deployed with U.S. Military Hospital Kuwait.

I love the Hunger Games series and would love to be a part of this movie, especially as a returning
War Veteran.

Thank you so much, in advance, for your consideration!

Sincerely,
Allison Travis

Kalina September 17, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I just want to say- THIS IS NOT WHERE YOU PUT YOUR ENTRY! YOU EMAIL CL CASTING WITH THE EMAIL IN THE ARTICLE. NOT LEAVE A COMMENT!
I just wanted to make that clear!

Rebecca September 27, 2012 at 1:22 am

I live in Maui, Hawaii. They should film in Maui for Catching Fire!!! There is this place called Hana that would be PERFECT for when they are in the games!

Madina E. October 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm

HI! everybody! If any one needs any actresses i am available
BROWN EYES
BROWN HAIR
AGE 11
HEIGHT 4’11
CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED IN ANY RESUMES OR HEAD SHOTS.
thank you! :)
:D

Madeline October 12, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Could i send my audition in now or would it be too late :( ?

Sharif James November 3, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Male
Slim
Athletic
Light-Skinned
Age:18
Height:5’6
Weight:130
Eyes:Brown
Hair:Curly/Black
I stay in atlanta & i am intrested in this audition i do have experience i’ve played in a few school plays & taken acting lesson. I am 18 years young but i look younger than my age. I Speak clear english & i am puerto rican & black i always give 110% to what i do as well also very determined.. contact me at 678-682-8697 or Facebook me.

Arianna Sardo March 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I would love to be an extra. I am 11 years old, I have brown hair, I’m very skinny, 56 pounds, very pale skin, and blue-green eyes.
email me! My Facebook is Arianna Sardo!!

ROSALYN ABRAMS March 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

i am an eighty year old woman seeking job as extra i have a lined face but camera is good to me and pictures don’t show them.