‘The Three Stooges’ filming in Cartersville, GA all week

by Christine on May 9, 2011 · 15 comments

in Atlanta, Daily Filming Locations

As we reported, production on The Farrelly Brothers’ The Three Stooges finally kicked off filming today in Cartersville, GA, where they will spend the next 9 days.

The location is an old plantation at 900 Old Alabama Rd Cartersville, GA which is being used for an orphanage scene. T here are signs that read “TTS” pointing to the location.

The movie stars Sean Hayes as Larry Fine, Will Sasso as Curly Howard and Chris Diamantopoulos as Moe Howard.

Sofia Vergara, Jane Lynch, Stephen Collins and Larry David have also been cast.

The PG-rated film will reportedly be three, 27-minute segments with trademark Stooges physical comedy.

The Three Stooges will continue filming in and around Atlanta through the summer. If you spot them filming, let us know at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

[Thanks Michelle]

Catherine May 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Hey. Is it too late to become an extra in the Three Stooges movie? If not, where do I go to become an extra?

dorothy padgett May 11, 2011 at 7:44 am

Is it to late to become an extra in the Three Stooges movie? If not, could you please tell me where to go? thank you

Christine May 11, 2011 at 10:26 am
God May 11, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I hope Mel Gibson gets out of this courtroom case, so he can have the chance to co-produced it and make a special guest cameo as either himself or Shemp Howard, let’s find out and see if it proves well at the box office.

God May 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Yes, I really going to agree with you, Mel Gibson should make a cameo as Moe and Curly’s brother Shemp, it’s because those bastard cast and crew of The Hangover 2 wouldn’t allowed to appear which disappointed poor Mel Gibson which he was fed up with his new wife who was now annoying and if only Gibson would’ve finally said sorry for been a racist and yelling at his stupid girlfriend then it’s done, Gibson might make a cameo in the next Three Stooges movie if the first film was a success, then he will make a cameo someday one way or another you knuckleheads all together now WHERE’S MEL GIBSON?????????????????.

Idiot May 11, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Hold on now, why is God posted two comments in a row!!!, Go ahead Mel Gibson it is, he might be hilarious in the new Three Stooges movie if he was in it and if he doesn’t, might wait for the sequel when he’s ready.

Cynthia Woods May 15, 2011 at 11:25 am

Anyone know where they are filming Three Stooges on May 17 th near Atlanta ? It is my 14th wedding anniversary and on our first date me and my husband watched The Three Stooges. Being able to be there would be great. Being an exta would be fabulous :)

Gary Oldknow May 15, 2011 at 1:34 pm

We will be filming around the area of Piedmont Park and 10th srteet.

Christine May 15, 2011 at 5:15 pm

thanks so much Gary!

Christine May 15, 2011 at 11:29 am

I think extras casting Atlanta is doing casting…they may be back in cartersville tues….

Jason May 18, 2011 at 9:06 am

they are filming at St Josephs Hospital sandy springs today…..dropped my wife off at work and saw some stuff going on, any extras needed? if so, i am there….. jloracing@gmail.com

Jason May 18, 2011 at 9:12 am

i just read that it will be filmed in roswell also, I live in roswell, where will it be filmed here?

Christine May 18, 2011 at 11:26 am

thanks for the ino guys, for extras info, try the facebook page link above!

Jessica May 19, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I am an intern at Saint Joseph’s Hospital in Atlanta and I saw filming all this week!!! I can’t wait for the movie to come out, this was so awesome to be around! I took pictures of all the signs.

Cartersville Carpet Cleaning May 25, 2011 at 9:54 am

I can’t wait for this instant classic!