Here’s a look at some of the news we’ve missed this week, starting with Ed Helms’ conversation with Movieline about Cedar Rapids which he shot in Michigan last year.
– Fox is calling Kiefer Sutherland’s comment that the 24 movie would begin filming by the end of the year, “overly optimistic.” [DigitalSpy]
– Naomi Watts has joined Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, which is set to start filming in L.A. next week. [DailyBlam]
– One lucky fan ran into the set of Sherlock Holmes 2 (and Robert Downey Jr.) in London recently. [Flickr]
– Will Ferrell is set to appear on The Office.
– Greg Kinnear and Jane Curtin have joined the cast of I Don’t Know How She Does It, which is currently filming in NYC. [Shockya]
– EW has a cool gallery of photos from Sundance including Paul Rudd and Kate Bosworth. [EW]
– Jesse Eisenberg was spotted shooting additional scenes for 30 Minutes Or Less in Los Angeles last week. The majority of the movie was shot in Grand Rapids, MI last year. This week Jesse is in NYC to host SNL. [JustJared, JustJared]
– Jeff Daniels, Piper Perabo and Noah Segan have all signed on to Looper, currently filming in New Orleans. [SlashFilm]
– Here’s a clip of Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, currently playing at the Sundance Film Festival. [YouTube]
– Nicolas Cage checked out Cappadocia, one of Turkey’s most popular tourist destinations, while he was in the country filming Ghost Rider 2. [TodaysZaman]
– In reality TV filming news, Audrina Patridge has started shooting her new show, JWoww and Snooki have their own show which is currently shooting in NYC and the next season of Jersey Shore will be shot in Italy. [DailyMail, TMZ, JustJared]
– You can see Kevin Smith explain his distribution plan for Red State at Sundance here.
– ScreenJunkies lists the Top Ten Most Famous Movie Locations. [ScreenJunkies]
– Scenes for Scorsese’s Hugo Cabret are being shot in 3D at the Peterborough Train Station in the U.K. [PeterboroughToday]
– Emile Hirsch has signed onto his first starring role in two years, Motel Life. [Vulture]
– Bar Karma has started filming in Newark, NJ. It is the first series where viewers can decide the direction of the show before it starts. [BroadwayWorld]
– Beantown.name/WickedLeaked.com has reported a few projects that may be hitting Boston this year. First, they claim that despite reports the upcoming Kevin James MMA movie will be shot in L.A., it will actually be filmed in Boston this spring. In addition to the Kevin James movie, they have a new reports that Rat Bastards, starring Ed Harris, will be filmed in Boston in the fall, Blind starring Uma Thruman will shoot in Boston in May, and Zero Lux from director Paulo Morelli will also be filmed in Beantown this year. [WickedLeaked]
– The Julia Louis-Dreyfus series VEEP will begin filming in Baltimore at the end of February. [somdtoday]
– You can watch Miley Cyrus filming So Undercover on NOLA’s French Quarter Cam! [NOLA.com]
– San Francisco is hoping to lure more productions to town with a new program that offers perks to movie crews while they are in town. [CurbedSF]
– Unlike the Baltimore bakery featured on Ace of Cakes, you can actually visit the Cake Boss’ Carlos Bakery in Hoboken, NJ. [CarlosBakery]
– James Cameron (the same person who accused Hollywood of being out of ideas) will shoot and edit Avatar 2 & Avatar 3 together and release them at Christmas ’14 and ’15. [SlashFilm]
– John Carpenter will headline Weekend of Horror in Los Angeles on May 14 & 15. [CreationNet]
– Will Smith is re-making Annie. [CinemaBlend]
– When we first heard about the movie Rubber, about a killer tire, we though it would be ridiculous, but it actually looks pretty awesome. [IMDb]
– Michael Fassbender will star opposite Noomi Rapace in Prometheus, Fox’s sci-fi project that was once an Alien prequel. [THR]
If you have a news item you think we’d be interested in, let us know about it at firstname.lastname@example.org!