New York City Filming Locations for 9.22.10 including ‘CSI:NY’ & ‘Tower Heist’

by Christine on September 21, 2010 · 18 comments

in Daily Filming Locations, New York City

Check out what movies and TV shows are filming in and around New York City on September 22, 2010:

Blue Bloods, the new CBS series starring Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg, is filming around Bank St between Washington St and West St

CSI: NY is filming around Arthur Kill Rd and St. Lukes Ave in Staten Island.

Generation Um, starring Keanu Reeves, is filming on Clinton St between Delancey and E Houston St in NYC. (Thanks An.)

Premium Rush, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is filming again around52nd St and the Westside Highway. The exact location appears to be Pier 92. (Thanks Gretchen)

Royal Pains is rumored to be filming at West Neck Beach today. (Thanks M.O.)

Running Wilde, the new Fox series starring Will Arnett and Kerri Russell, is still filming at the Sands Point Preserve in Port Washington,  NY.

Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You, starring Peter Gallagher, is still filming at State St and Clinton St in Brooklyn. (Thanks John)

Tower Heist, a new Ben Stiller movie, signs spotted around Broadway/Central Park West & W 61st. (Thanks @Casserolesvu) FYI: This movie wasn’t expected to start filming until November. If anyone checks it out, let us know what’s going on, thanks!

Vamps, starring Alicia Silverstone, is filming around 2nd St and 8th Ave. (Thanks @KDash30)

FYI:

The following are in studio:

Gossip Girl (Silvercup)

Men in Black 3 has apparently started pre-production at Steiner Studios in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

Nurse Jackie (Kaufman Astoria)

SVU (Chelsea Piers)

White Collar (Back at Silvercup East)

If you have any set pics, new, filming locations, or celeb sightings to share, let us know about it olv@onlocationvacations.com!

Don’t forget to check out our Upcoming Filming Locations and Events Calendar above too for more locations and information!

childstar September 21, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Has anyone been able to meet/take pictures with Keanu? If anyone has gone

SB September 22, 2010 at 5:59 am

Anyone ever tried meeting the White Collar cast at the Silvercup East studio? Is there a certain time of morning they’re likely to arrive? Only have a limited time window in the area.. Thanks!!

howard September 22, 2010 at 8:43 am

RU sure about Uma Thurman book signing today? I checked store’s own website and she is not listed for today. Strikes me as odd that a major star will be there and its not shown their site.

Christine September 22, 2010 at 9:10 am

This is where I get all of the book signing info from and it is still listed there, if you are unsure, I would suggest calling the book store maybe?:

Emma September 22, 2010 at 11:26 am

Thanks for posting this link! I love reading/books in general and it’s great there is a site like this.

Roseanne September 22, 2010 at 10:18 am

I am going to be in NYC from 9/24-9/26 can anybody help me with areas to visit for location shoots- or where i can catch any type of Good Wife filming!!??? Im trying to surprise someone, this would be SO cool!!! PLEEEEAAASSSEEE ;o)

Jilly September 22, 2010 at 11:07 am

Ice tweeted that SVU is on location today in manhattan.

Christine September 22, 2010 at 12:08 pm

the report to for extras was the studio I guess, maybe they are filming somewhere nearby?

Christine September 22, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Anyone know what’s filming in Kew Gardens on Metropolitain Avenue Today?

Christine September 22, 2010 at 12:18 pm

It sounds like Tower heist is definitely filming near Columbus Circle today, has anyone checked it out or heard about any casting calls? I could swear this wasn’t suppose to start until Nov, if anyone has heard anymore about it, pls let me know, thanks!

nicole September 22, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I tweeted you guys about that. Dont know if you saw

Aislinn September 22, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Walked by film crew and trailers set up on E 21st bewteen Broadway and Park Ave South but it looks like they’re filming interiors, anyone know for what?

Cass September 22, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I’m at tower heist & nothing major going on right now. Only one camera and a handfull of crew members. Only one trunk. It’s right infront of Trump International Hotel & Tower.

Deme September 22, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I saw signs for Tower Heist for today across the street from the new W Hotel Wall St ( 123 Washington street)

It’s directly behind ground zero. Cass can u ask if they r headed there next?

Christine September 22, 2010 at 4:32 pm

thanks for updating here, I did get your email about it too, thanks!

Det. Movie Buff September 22, 2010 at 4:36 pm

TOWER HEIST: Sounds like they are only doing camera tests if you saw such a small film crew.

Christine September 22, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Update: Keanu was filming on Rivington earlier this afternoon near a cupcake shop opposite a laundromat (sorry so vague, thats all I got)

Jamie September 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Blue Bloods signs were being hung today on 46th, between 8th & 9th, for filming starting tomorrow. They were telling people to not park there starting at 5 AM.

Something was filming in Central Park today. I wasn’t there, but my dad was running. He said it was a carnival scene, and there was a camera crew. I assumed it was Tower Heist, but with others saying the crew was small there, I’m not sure. This was at about 8 AM this morning. He said it was in the park area near Tavern on the Green, not at it, but that was the only landmark he knew nearby. He doesn’t pay a lot of attention to these things like I do. =-)

I just left NYC, back to Pittsburgh – but it might be worth checking out if you’re around the city today or tomorrow.