Married: Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Genevieve Cortese

by Melissa on February 28, 2010 · 30 comments

in News

Jared and Genevieve's Wedding

Jared and Genevieve's Wedding

After a short engagement, 1 month, Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Genevieve Cortese got married on February 27th, 2010.

The wedding took place in  Sun Valley, Idaho where she grew up.  Jared’s best man was his real life brother Jeffrey, but on screen brother Jensen Ackles was second in line as a groomsmen.  View the guest list.

Jared and Genevieve met in 2008 during Season 4 of Supernatural as Sam Winchester and a demon named Ruby.

Ruby, who was previously portrayed by Katie Cassidy, “possessed the body of a comatose woman whose soul has already fled.”  Enters actress Cortese on scene and an onscreen romance between Sam and Ruby begins.  By the end of Season 4, Ruby had manipulated Sam’s demon side into breaking the final seal and starting the apocalypse.  Dean kills Ruby immediately after, ending their short lived onscreen romance.

Jared was previously engaged to Cry Wolf (2005) costar Sandra McCoy in early 2008.  He announced the break-up later that June around the time of the Dallas Supernatural Convention.

[photos: Celebrity Babies, Ace Photos, Facebook]

Amy February 28, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Love the couple! Genevieve is a beautiful woman and Jared Padalecki is a god!!! I wish them both all the happiness of the workd!!! You are a very, very lucky girl, gen!!!!

Nick March 1, 2010 at 4:16 am

I’d just like to congratulate both Jared and Genevieve on getting married. I’ve been a huge fan of supernatural since its first season and have watched every episode ever since. Although in season 4 I disliked Ruby’s character in the show, Genevieve played the part very well haha I guess she maniplulated you in the show and in real life, i guess its meant to be :)
I hope you guys have a long, prosperous marriage, and I hope they make a 6th season of my favorite show on t.v right now (although I dont think there will be a 6th one) :(

Sincerely, Nick

Dawn March 1, 2010 at 5:17 am

Nick,

Supernatural was renewed for a Season 6 — the CW made the announcement about 2 weeks ago. So, the show will be back for at least one more season :-)

Rachel March 1, 2010 at 4:36 am

Congratulations guys!! well done, and Nick, according to sources there is going to be a sixth season!!! its been made official Awwww Gen looks so great!

Chris March 1, 2010 at 6:06 am

Correction – their engagement: since october/2009

Emmy March 3, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Jensen and Danneel got engaged in November 2009, that might be what you’re referring too.

Sue March 1, 2010 at 6:42 am

Another Correction: He got engaged to Sandy in January 2008. He announced the breakup in June at the Dallas convention.

Emmy March 3, 2010 at 8:10 pm

You’re right it was June, thanks for the correction.

nicky March 1, 2010 at 7:36 am

Congratulations to the beautiful couple!!!!

I love them and I wish them the best of luck, even though I’m a little jealous and want Jared all to myself, haha!!!!

savannah f March 1, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I’m so happy 4 him.

Kristine March 1, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Aw. I’m so happy for them! I know lots of people that are all mad at Genevieve and that hates these two together. Something tells me that this has something to do with her character on the show, lol. People are weird xD
They make such a great couple and they seem so happy. I also believe, unlike many others, that they truly love each other. Really wish them the best in the future :D

And AW to that Jensen was second choice to be the best man!

Nick March 8, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Thank you Dawn and Rachel for letting me know. I stumbled upon the news on Jensen’s fan page none the less haha although im absolutely stoked on there being a 6th season, im also kinda bummed that i know that now cuz the suspence during the last episodes for the 5th season might be dulled just a bit knowing theres one more season. But im still incredibly stoked for the 6th season and again congratulations to Jared and Genevieve on their engagement as well as Jensen and Danneel on their engagement.

Pretty good move on having Jensen be the second best man too, i agree with you Kristine :)

Frank Florentino May 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Since both Padalecki and Cortese are Catholic, why wasn’t there at least a priest?

maya May 15, 2010 at 1:17 am

I wish happiness for both of them :)

And we family (me and my husband) really dislike Genieve’s acting there.. really plain.. no character.. no tone on voices.. No interest.. we loved the Ruby at season 3… :p.. More CHARACTER

bigFan June 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm

wow! beautiful couple! and just saw their wedding pics at http://www.sunvalleymag.com

pete December 3, 2010 at 11:51 am

no wonder why that the episode,i know what you did last summer had that hot moment with ruby and sam having sex and they were top half naked.hmmmm its his wife.lol.u go sam thats what im talking about.good pick.

megan December 9, 2010 at 11:45 pm

I dunno… I’m not trying to be a doom-sayer, but maybe Jared leaped too soon? ‘Specially since he broke up with Sandra not long ago…

Hey, my best wishes go the happy couple, really.

Let’s just cross our fingers and hope this is a marriage that won’t crash and burn, eh?

jensenlover5550000 January 27, 2011 at 9:42 am

i agree with everyone. i think thats awesome that thye are married. i happy that they are happy. especially jensen. i love him but thats good hes happy. :D

lavish February 26, 2011 at 5:49 am

well i’m very happy for you jared and i want to say that you are very lucky girl genevieve and congratulation to the beautiful couple. wishing you lots of happiness in your life.

Paulette May 21, 2011 at 11:58 pm

congratulations jared and jensen on their marriage I hope they have a long and happy marriage

Carolina May 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I am just now learning of this year old marraige – because though I kept meaning to check out TNT TV.com, I never did – until today. Imagine my surprise, at this news, because I was hoping to have Jared all to myself. HaHa!

However, my Best Wishes and Congratulations go out to the Beautiful Couple!!!!

I thought there was some chemistry between Genevieve and Sammy ~ they just had this connection.
I love them and I wish them the best of luck!

Ah well, since I didn’t swoop him up first, all I can say now is, Way to Go, Genevieve!!!

Godspeed to you and to Jared!

neda July 8, 2011 at 7:38 am

hi!I am so glad for your marriage and I love U both.
and I love Jensen because of his charachter in supernatural I am one of his fans right now.I hope U read all of this text.I Love U Jensen & Jared

PJ August 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

Belated congratulations to Jared and Genevieve on their marriage last year. Congratulations also on your First Anniversary. May you both stay forever happy and have some little Padaleckis in the future.

mrs. padalecki September 19, 2011 at 10:34 am

i am sooooo happy for jensen and his new wife, but i hope they have the best life togther and i wish them love and happyness..

p.s. i love ur show jensen u and jared are the best actors i ever seen n my entire life!!!!!

ooooo yeah congraution u2!!!!!!

kiera March 22, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Gen you are so lucky to have married a SEXY, GORGEOUS MAN. Congrats and blessings to you both in your future.. I am a big Supernatural Fan and i will watch the reruns over and over just so I can see Jared and Jensen. I am glad they are on Wed nights to. Double pleasure.. Yes i am in love with them both. I start every morning with them on my t.v. Good lord are they so sexy.

blue April 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

I just came across this post and we all know that Gen and Jared have two beautiful sons and Jensen and Danneel have a beautiful daughter….and we have season 10… ;o)

Terry Christensen October 5, 2014 at 9:44 pm

A very sweet pretty couple soo happy for them they are beautiful together makes me sooo happy