Upcoming Sex and the City 2 Filming Locations

by Christine on August 30, 2009 · 111 comments

in Daily Filming Locations

Sex and the City 2 began filming September 1st. Here our upcoming locations in NYC. Make sure you check out our Daily SATC2 Location posts too for any last minute updates!

Don’t forget the NYC permit signs for SATC2 are for an UNTITLED PROJECT/AVERY PIX, if you spot one, let us know at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Signs for SATC2 spotted around 85th between Madison and Fifth Ave. (Thanks Jennifer!!)

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sex and the City 2 will be filming in the atrium on the 25th floor of Hogan and Hartson’s offices at 875 Third Ave. The law offices will be transformed into Mr. Big’s on-screen office! (Thanks to Meagan for the link!) Signs posted nearby at 52nd and 2nd, 6am to 5pm. (Thanks Anon!) Update: Signs posted not too far away on W 48th between 5th and 6th too. (Thanks Anon!)

SATC2 signs also spotted around 81st and Park and 85th and 5th.  (Thanks Phoebe and Sarah!)

Update for SATC2 for Wed: They will begin filming at 875 3rd Ave in the morning. Filming around 81st and Park in the afternoon (shoot starts around 2).

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Signs for SATC2 is filming at 48th St between Broadway and 8th Ave. (Thanks Anon!) UPDATE: Exact location is the Renaissance New York Hotel. (Thanks Rose!)

Friday, September 4, 2009

SATC2 permit signs for filming on W. 4th St from W. 10th to Bank St and also along Perry St, NYC.

Tuesday, September 8th & Wednesday, September 9th:

SATC2 is filming around 58th Street between 6th and 7th Ave, NYC. (Thanks NYCAnon!) Signs spotted on 59th between 5th and Madison too. (Thanks Jen & Dash!)

September 16, 2009

Filming around 51st and 5th Ave, NYC. (Thanks NYC!) Update: Received a tip also filming at this location on 9.15. (Thanks Anon!) Update: Heard they might actually be in studio on 9.16, will update if I get more info.

September 17th and 18th

Signs spotted on 6th Avenue between West 57th and West 58th and on West 58th Street between 5th avenue and  7th avenue. (Thanks!!)

1 Thereza August 31, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Hello,

There is a sign for tomorw 8pm of SATC (untitled) on 53rd betewen 2nd and 2rd ave
I took a picture

2 Daniela September 1, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hey guys! They are filming scenes with Carrie as we speak at 84th and 5th Avenue. I also saw Big on the set. They said they will be filming till round 6-7M.

3 Kelli September 1, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Do you have any idea how long they might be filming? How long did it take to film the last movie?

4 Stephanie September 1, 2009 at 5:16 pm

We will be in NYC the 11-14th of September. How long is filming likely to continue?

5 anonNYC September 1, 2009 at 8:04 pm

i don’t know how long the last shoot was but i imagine that most shoots are around 4 – 6 weeks. they just starting filming this movie so they will probably be around when you’re in nyc. however, most films don’t shoot on the weekends…

i hope this helps!

6 Kimmi September 4, 2009 at 11:00 pm

I will be in NYC Sept. 17-Sept. 21! My sis and I are sooo excited! We love SATC! I Cant wait!!1

7 ladyluck September 2, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Will they really be filming on Friday, September 4th because I will be in town?

8 karen September 3, 2009 at 9:15 pm

Does anyone know the dates SATC 2 will be filming in London?

9 Christa September 3, 2009 at 9:59 pm

How many people show up to watch the tapings? Is it really crowded or can you actually see the celebs??? We will be in town from Sept. 16-18. any idea where they will be taping???

10 carrie September 4, 2009 at 9:49 pm

It is a mad mob of fans! Stay away unless you’re prepared to take on seriously zealous fans who will rip your hair out to get a good position!!!

11 NYC September 4, 2009 at 10:25 am

They are filming in our office over the next couple of weeks, 51st and 5th Ave. They are starting setup this Tuesday the 9th and tell us actual filming is on the 16th.

12 Christa September 4, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Where is your office??? We will be there on the 16th and would love to see some of the stars!

13 NYC September 8, 2009 at 12:56 pm

We’re on 51st Street between 5th and 6th Ave behind the H&M building. They started to set up the offices today, its a Miranda scene supposedly.

14 Christa September 8, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Do you know if they are still going to be filming on the 17th of Sept in your office?

15 NYC September 9, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Don’t think so, but who knows if they need an extra day. We were just told the actual cameras will be filming on the 16th.

16 Christa September 9, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Thanks! Keep us posted if you see or meet any of the celebs!

17 Ruth (Basque Country) September 13, 2009 at 8:21 am

What time???? Thank you!!!

18 Stephanie September 4, 2009 at 10:56 am

Why cant I ever see the movie location site for todays day?? That website link is blocking it? Why is this happening?

19 Ani September 4, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Are you in twitter? Do you think they will be still shooting the first week of October? I am arriving on Sept 30th.

20 Natasha September 4, 2009 at 10:09 pm

I hope they will be filming when I am there, Sept. 17-22. Wow, my first trip to New York and I have a chance to see the movie filming of a pop culture phenomenon! Nice!

21 Kate September 7, 2009 at 9:54 am

Hello!!! I am from Europe and I will be in NYC 9-12 october!!!! Do you know if and where they will be taping??? I want so much to see all of them!!!!
Please reply to me!!!!!!!

Thanks

22 Laura September 8, 2009 at 3:35 am

Does anybody know when they will starting shooting in London????
:):):):)
Thanks!

23 Tony September 8, 2009 at 5:31 am

does anybody know the shooting times for today and tomorrow? thanks!,also does anyone know if they’re gonna shoot during fashion week?…

24 Nadine September 9, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I saw them in the morning around the corner from the Plaza at 5th Avenue. I was there from 11am till 1pm, and they were still shooting

25 Christa September 9, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Who did you see??? Were there a ton of people there????

26 Nadine September 9, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Yes there were lots of people! I saw Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall and Cynthia Nixon.

27 G September 10, 2009 at 7:27 pm

I was in NYC by the Plaza Hotel. Right beside the Paris Theater. Got to see all the girls and talk with several. It was so great. They are such sweet women and gorgeous. They were filming for a while. They will be filming all week. Awsome Awsome.

28 Christa September 10, 2009 at 7:50 pm

Was there a ton of people hanging around watching??? Who did you get to talk to? Any idea how long they will be filming there? I won’t be in town until next Wednesday.
Thanks for any info!

29 naomi September 13, 2009 at 6:58 am

hey guys- anyone know where they are filming tomorrow, the 14th??

30 Monica September 14, 2009 at 4:42 pm

West Broadway – between Spring and Prince

31 Ruth (Basque Country) September 13, 2009 at 8:18 am

anyone know where they are filming from 17-20 September???? Thank you!!!!

32 Catriona September 13, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Any idea what time they’re filming on Wednesday 16th?

33 Caro-Julia September 13, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Hallo everybody. Thanks so much for the information where they’re filming on Wednesday 16th.
But could anybody tell me the time, when they shot? because i have classes—it would be great to know the time..
can anybody help me? thanks a lot
and i hope i will see Sarah Jessica Parker..it would be awesome!
thanks to all of you

34 Ryan September 14, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Shooting at W Boardway and Prince NOW!!!!!

35 naomi September 15, 2009 at 8:48 am

thank you thank you thank you!!! I saw all the girls, and Lily and Brady, on W Broadway on monday, thank you sooo much for all the info, you guys made my day!!!

36 Ryan September 14, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Cast is now on a lunch break… It appear they r shooting here most of the day

37 Griffo68 September 14, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Thanks Ryan for the info!
We shot over there in a cab and saw all four of them!
They are filming in a coffee shop.
It has made my day!!!

38 Anna September 14, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I went today first time… Only saw from a distance inside.. Couldnt stAy.. Hope tht wasnt my last chance :(. Ive bee
n hearing they arent filming hear much longer boo

39 Kelly September 14, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Thanks for all the amazing updates!!! Please tell me if they are filming tomorrow Sept. 15th or on Thursday the 17th because I work all day on the 16th!! Thank you!! I hope I get a chance to see them!!

40 Catriona September 15, 2009 at 9:55 am

Still no ideas when the shoot tomorrow is?

41 Catriona September 15, 2009 at 9:58 am

Sorry, just read the update!

42 Catriona September 15, 2009 at 10:00 am

Nope, that’s a date. Bugger i shouldn’t try to understand tbings this early…

43 Susan September 15, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Will be in NY on 9/19 – any shooting on that day?

44 Kara September 15, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Any ideas on were they are filming tomorrow 9/16? I wold love to see them

45 Kevin September 15, 2009 at 11:27 pm

hey- i was at the 51st/5th shoot today. they were filming a scene with only miranda at her “law office.” the staff told me that they WILL NOT be there tomorrow because they got done early. does anyone know where they will be filming tomorrow?

46 Sami September 16, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Thanks for the tip Kevin…I was gonna head down there this morning, good thing I didn’t. Does anyone know if they’re doing anymore NYC filming in the near future?

47 char September 17, 2009 at 12:07 am

Hey… does anyone know exactly when and what time will they be filming after today the 16th? My friend and I reallyy reaaalllyy wanna go see them even if it’s just a glimpse!! Thank you soooo much!

48 char September 17, 2009 at 12:11 am

Hey… does anyone know exactly where, when and what time will they be filming after today the 16th? My friend and I reallyy reaaalllyy wanna go see them even if it’s just a glimpse!! Thank you soooo much!

49 Jennifer September 17, 2009 at 12:15 am

If anyone can please post what time the filming tomorrow is at on 6th Avenue between West 57th and West 58th and on West 58th Street between 5th avenue and 7th avenue. I would appreciate it greatly since I am a huge SATC fan and have been trying to see the filming in the streets.

50 LuLu September 17, 2009 at 5:26 am

HI can anyone tell me when and where are they gonna be filming SATC2 thurs. sept 17 and fri sept 18 ??? Huge fan dyinnngggg to c the girls thankk you would really appreciate it.

51 Cheech and Chong September 17, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Today, they are filming inside Bergdorf Goodman.

52 Emy September 17, 2009 at 3:55 pm

and can we see them ?

53 LuLu September 17, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Can anyone pls post if they know when and where the next time they are gonna film SATC2 on the streets? thankkss

54 LuLu September 17, 2009 at 4:09 pm

55 Kevin September 17, 2009 at 11:38 pm

tomorrow in the same spot they are filming on the streets. the girls are REALLY nice. i met cynthia nixon and kim cattrall today and got pictures with both of them. the guards are really strict, though, about “keep walking.” you can get pictures of them, but while they’re “working” they cant stop.

56 Leray33 September 17, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Please, can you told me at what time did see them ? did we have to go there very early to have a chance to see them ?

57 LuLu September 18, 2009 at 12:01 am

which spot did u see them at in the streets?

58 Sami September 18, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for the tips! Saw Kim Cattrall and SJP!! So great! I got really close…hardly anyone was there!

59 GirlOnFire September 20, 2009 at 1:41 am

Kim Cattrall and S.J.P. both exited on the 58th Street side: the service entrance/exit for the Bergdorf Goodman staff. They were shooting an interior scene. And I agree with Sami: there were very few people there when they left for the day at 7pm on Friday night (9/18). I only waited an hour to see them…I just want to say that their Security staff has gotten a bad rap. These guys were so nice and cool because they knew we weren’t “paps.” A WORD OF ADVICE: S.J.P. HUSTLES! She practically RUNS when she leaves set to go to her trailer or to her hybrid SUV. I calmly said “Hi Sarah” (please don’t freak out when you see them – play it coolt! lol!) and she turned around, flashed that million dollar smile and said ‘Hi’ back all bubbly (even though she was moving at the speed of light!) I called Kim Cattrall, “Ms. Cattrall” and THAT made her stop, and again I got a beautiful smile and a very friendly “Hello.” They are nice women who are working hard (as well as all the other people on set). When we walked over to S.J.P.’s SUV, she was in the back seat and rolled down her window to chat briefly with us and let us take some photos. I have a couple of great ones of her and Kim C. WORD TO THE WISE: if you go to take pics and say hello, have your cameras ON and ready because these ladies haul ass! Can you blame them? It’s been a madhouse! I’m so lucky I was there on a quiet evening – no one pushing, everything cool, and acknowledgments from both ladies. Oh and, the paparazzi come EARLIER in the day I was told. Just an FYI. Bless you guys on here for keeping the fans posted! Peace & Love, D

60 Angel September 20, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Totally agree with you. The staff and security sorrounding them are one of the best I’ve seen handling a celebrity. This all stems from SJP herself as she loves her fans and doesn’t want them manhandled by her security staff. I was there late at night and she came back as they had one more scene to shoot. I was lucky and was able to get a quick picture with her. Like you said have your camera ready cause they move fast. For their safety they need to get them in and out fast, otherwise they develop an even bigger crowd.

61 LuLu September 18, 2009 at 6:13 pm

can anyone plsss kindly volunteer and tell me how i can see the girls from SATC2 Ive been DYINGGGGG plsssss anyone :)

62 leray33 September 18, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Hy LuLu, you just have to reed the post (on the top), go to the location in the morning and wait.

63 andrew September 18, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Hi!!! does anybody knows were the girls are filming tomorrow Saturday 19th or sunday 20ths? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

64 Angel September 20, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Hello,
I hear they do not work on weekends. From what I hear they’ll be in town till mid October then they’re heading for Morocco for six weeks of filming.

65 Jennifer September 18, 2009 at 10:33 pm

i went to bergdorfs today and they were filming inside. I didn’t get to see the girls and the cast. I asked one of the film crew and she would not tell me where they are filming next. I am dying to see the girls. I must see them!!! Please someone let me know the next location, and what time. I would run there in a heart beat to see them!

66 c September 18, 2009 at 10:47 pm

We went to 58th street between 5th and 6th ave. Saw Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Catrall several times. We were waiting outside the trailers. Both gave autographs!! They were sooooo nice, especially SJP.
A tip for all the fans: BE PATIENT!!! We waited a long time, but it’s so worth it. During the day there were so many paparazzi (one stepped on my foot) but around 8pm it was just a bunch of fans. Good luck!

67 samantha September 18, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Any idea where they’ll be shooting Monday?????

68 maribel September 18, 2009 at 11:38 pm

where are they filming on monday the 21 plz someone tell me

69 Z September 19, 2009 at 10:11 am

anyone know if they’re filming today – saturday, 9.19? and where?

70 GirlOnFire September 20, 2009 at 1:45 am

From what I was told – and don’t quote me on this, Z – they don’t work weekends. I’m sure they’re not done with the NYC shoot so standby! Hopefully, we’ll get some locations for Monday and the following days. All the best, D

71 Sara September 20, 2009 at 7:52 am

Anyone know where they will be filming on Monday, September 21st? Thanks

72 mymy September 21, 2009 at 11:34 pm

where will they be shooting on 9/22 i heard somewhere on long island

73 LuLu September 22, 2009 at 1:22 am

Hello does anyone know when they are gonna be filming? Tues september22???

74 LuLu September 22, 2009 at 3:05 am

Someone said i had to read the posts on top to know where they are gonna be ! so far i dont know where they are gonna be and i didnt read anything on top, can someone plssss be kind enough to help me out :)??

75 maureen September 22, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Anyone know if they are filming at all 9/26 or 9/27 will be in town for my daughters 16th birthday. Thought it would be a blast! Thanks!

76 Kelly September 22, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Can anyone tell me where SATC filming might be on the 25th, 28th or 29th September, visiting from the UK and would be great to see!!
Thanks

77 Sheryn September 22, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Hey , am looking for some info about the part that will be in morocco (dates, places, and the company responsible for it in morocco) ! Can’t go to NYC to see Sarah Jessica Parker, but may be I’ll get the chance to see her here (Am moroccan :-) ).

Thanks for the tips if any !

sheryn_ziani@yahoo.com

78 Maria September 24, 2009 at 12:13 am

Hey, guys and fans, how u doing? have you heard anything about Monday the 28th? And Will they shoot on 58th again?

79 shoegal39 September 25, 2009 at 7:19 pm

hi we’re over from uk 2nd to 5th Oct any locations for seeing the SATC filming?

80 moniki September 26, 2009 at 11:13 pm

please can someonee tell me where and when is the sex and the city 2 cast will be filming next week? If someone know please please please let me know! I will dearly appreciated! THANKUUU SO VERY MUCH!
XOXO

81 Lili September 27, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I will be in NY 9/29 – 10/5 visiting from California. I would love to know where they might be filming. Can someone please let me know?? Thanks so much!

82 Caroline September 28, 2009 at 3:35 am

Hi there, we are in NYC from Oz from oct 24th til nov 6, will SATC2 be still filming around town? Thanks so much if anyone knows xx

83 bbhunte September 29, 2009 at 1:59 pm

any idea where theyll be be oct 10,11,12,13???

84 GirlOnFire October 12, 2009 at 3:12 am

Hi BBHunte! It says it right on the home page: Monday October 12, 2009, SATC2 will be shooting at The Empire Hotel, 44 W 63 At Central Park W, New York, NY 10001

You can thank On Location Tours for that one (and this website and me, of course!)

Have fun and post photos! I don’t think I’ll make it out tomorrow but perhaps!

85 Carole October 13, 2009 at 4:51 pm

I was in NYC with my friends and was at Empire Hotel. It wasn’t real crowded with people, but some security. Saw Mr. Big, someone saw Smith Jared & Kim Cattrell. The extras were in and out of a restaurant next to the hotel, that was closed, but being used for S&TC cast. They took a break and I asked a hotel manager if they were coming back. We waited outside the trailers on the next street over. Sarah came out of the trailer, said Hello All, and was wisked away by here bodyguard. They were very polite, alot of us girls took pictures of SJP. She was sweet, waving at us and smiling. What an experience!!!!!

86 nonik16 September 29, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Hi, I’m from australia, visiting New york at the moment. Anyone know where satc2 shoot on 2nd n 3rd october?

87 Sami September 29, 2009 at 9:12 pm

I actually heard they’re gonna be in the studio for a bit…if I here anything else I’ll post

88 pia October 3, 2009 at 10:16 am

does anybody know where they are filming now? or in the upcoming week?

89 Melanie October 4, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Hi, Does anybody know where they will film on October 6th, 7th and 8th?

90 Jen October 6, 2009 at 7:02 am

Hi there – I am from England and have heard that they are going to be filming here for SATC 2… Does anybody know the locations, dates etc? Thanks x

91 nats October 6, 2009 at 6:35 pm

so in the end I just asked! They are filming a movie called Catch with Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman right outside my building!

92 GirlOnFire October 6, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Great tip! Might you tell us where and when that’s taking place? I’d LOVE to catch a glimpse of Kate Winslet. Do you think they’ll be shooting tomorrow (Tuesday the 6th)? Thanks so much again.

93 LuLu October 7, 2009 at 12:37 am

cam anyone plsss help and share some info if u have any??? when and where are they shooting SATC2???

94 Carlos A October 8, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I will be there next week from the 15th to the 18th. does anybody know if they are still filming? and where?
please i would really appreciated it

thanks

95 Aga October 9, 2009 at 3:12 pm

I know that they are still filming SATC2 but i would like to know the location? Anybody knows where ?

Thank you!

96 GirlOnFire October 12, 2009 at 3:11 am

Hi SATC2 seekers! It says it right on the home page: Monday October 12, 2009, SATC2 will be shooting at The Empire Hotel, 44 W 63 At Central Park W, New York, NY 10001

Have fun and post photos! I don’t think I’ll make it out tomorrow but perhaps!

97 Mrs Big October 12, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Hi, I am from London and going to be in new york from the 19th and I would really love to meet the cast (and drag my boyfriend along) does anybody know any details of where they will be filming next week, monday- friday… I would be so grateful

98 LaLa October 13, 2009 at 12:47 am

Hi, can anyone please tell me where will they be shooting for this whole week? 10/12/09 – 10/18/09…Please any information will be very very much appreciated

99 Carole October 13, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Try Empire Hotel near Central Park. That is where they were October 11th-12th.

100 ANON October 13, 2009 at 5:58 pm

satc2 WILL BE FILMING ON OCTOBER 16TH, AT ZEIGFEILD THEATER (MILEY CYRUS WILL BE IN IT)

101 Saz October 18, 2009 at 11:48 am

Hi there, I am in NYC from the 27 Oct – 2 Nov. Can anyone tell me filming locations?? Many Thanks x

102 Celine October 18, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Hi all, if anyone can let me know where the girls might be filming from Oct23-26th I would be very grateful! I’m in New York for a long weekend with my new husband’s family and I know it would make my little sister in-law’s trip! Any ideas gratefully received!!

103 Renee October 19, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Have you found anything out?
Thanks

104 Emmanuel October 18, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Hi, what about Marrakech ? Will you have the same information ? Where and when…
thanks everybody

105 delanie October 18, 2009 at 5:12 pm

hi! does anyone know where they will be filming for the remainder of oct??

106 Renee October 19, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Hi there!
I too am interested in where they will be filming from Oct 22-25 – will be in New York for the first time ever and would love to see this!!!!
Thanks so much

107 bell October 20, 2009 at 6:49 pm

bad news, they’re far away…take a look http://www.cosmoguyonline.com/

108 Emmanuel October 21, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Hi, I asked the 18 of October if you have information about Marrakech.. I’m surprise that nobody seem’s to be aware of SATC2 will go filming in Marrakech now…
So the question is : do you know if onlocationvacations will informe us of where and when they’ll be filming in Marrakech ?
Thanks for your answer

109 Emmanuel October 21, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Informatively, they seem’s to stay about 5 weeks in Morroco during november

It’s a good opportunity to visit Marrakech and clubbing ! isn’t it ?

110 manny November 10, 2009 at 7:58 am

Hello from London, UK

Does anyone know where and when in London will SATC be filming?

Many thanks

111 manny December 15, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Hi does anyone know when the satc cast and crew will be in London, United Kingdom?